Ram problem/memtest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atwooooood

So my computer has been actin up for a few weeks, givin me blue screens on boot up and my only option is to boot from last good known config.

I ran memtest with all 4 sticks in and before the first pass even finished it was show 250+ errors.

I then check each stick seperately and come to find out that i get no errors on any of the sticks, so i check once more with all 4 sticks in and get no errors. =/

Could me removing the sticks from my very dusty pc cleared the contacts in the ram slots of any dust and that was causing the problem? Should this just be passed off as an "if it aint broke dont fix it" scenario?

Cleaning the system as you have could have rectified the issue. Someone just last week had an 0x124 error and they are a bear to work with because they can be due to any hardware on your system and it is hard to pin down as to the exact cuase.

However, once he cleaned the dust from aroung his cpu everything went back to normal.

Keep in mind bad RAM is known to Pass Memtest on occasion. By the way, what version of the test were you using? They have a brand new one out +4.0. If you haven't try that.

Also, check your BIOS and see if the voltage is set at the correct manufacturer's specs. We've seen a number of supposed memory corruption errors be due to incorrect auto set of memory voltage.

Thanks for your response route44.

I have an older version of memtest, 2.11 i believe, so i def. need to get a newer version. If the problem persists ill try out the newer version.

And as for voltage settings, ive never touched those because when it comes to that i dont know what i'm doing, most of that stuff is all default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back