RAM slot/DIMM slot? blue screening me!

compute1

Hi,

i have had trouble with my computer after cleaning it (can of compressed air) it would boot to log in screen then go black on the monitor or it would blue screen and restart.

after figuring out it was a RAM problem i tried another stick of RAM but same problem so i guess its the actual slot it goes into, i only have 2 on my motherboard lucky one of them is working still.

has anyone had this problem or know of a way to fix it, i am wondering if some of the canned air/gas became a liquid from spraying to close and got in it.

any help would be appreciated thanks.

Hi,

ok so i have been looking into my problem more, when booting i press tab to show the POST?? or somthing and it says that 1 of the RAMs wouldnt/couldnt R/W (read write?? i dont know)

then i get the screen saying that windows has had hardware changes and asking to how i want to start windows (normal, safe mode, etc) i have tried all but it just restarts.

now its only with 1 of the 2 dimm slots this happens and i have tried differend RAM in there but only the 1 slot works :(

any help would be appreciated

thanks.

What motherboard and RAM are you using? Make and model please. It's not clear to me if you originally had one or two modules installed.

When you use the compressed air, did you remove the RAM from the slots?

In addition to mail's request/comments just ensure that the contact edges of the RAM modules are clean (you can clean them with plain old erase to ensure that) before properly seating them in the banks.

Hi,

mobo- asus M2N-MX SE Plus

RAM- i had 1 kingston 2gig & 1 APLUS 1 gig, now i only have the 2gig in there, everything was fine for over a year until i cleaned it recently. I dont think i took out the ram when i sprayed out all the dust.

thanks.

Well taking it out and cleaning it is well worth a try, because dust/carbon can cause such RAM issues.

I'm glad to hear that, don't hesitate to let us know in case you need any further assistance, take care. Regards

Back