Random black screen crashes and occasional reboots

Hi everyone.

I'm having a problem that I don't know what could be the reason for it.

specs:
cpu Intel i5 2500K 3.30GHz
board Asus P8Z68-V PRO GEN3
ram 4x2GB DDR3 PC3-12800 G-Skill
gpu Geforce GTX 970
drives SDD 250GB Crucial MX100+HDD 1TB Samsung HD103SJ
psu Corsair TX 750W v2
OS Win10 Enterprise 64bits
(besides the gpu and sdd of maybe 1 year old.. everything has 4 to 5 years)

Here's the situation:
Sometimes (pretty much every single day now..) mainly when I'm playing something a bit heavy (e.g Paragon) but also happens when I'm just browsing the web.. my monitor suddenly goes black. Sometimes after a few secs it turns back on with the message "Graphic kernel driver stopped responding and recovered etc" and I can go on with my life (but sometimes it still happens again..).
Other times.. the screen keeps black and the only thing I can do is to power off and on my desktop.
And other times.. is goes black and after a few secs my desktop reboots and displays the message that my CPU has overheated.
Only yesterday I also noticed that if a hit the case with my knee.. the screen goes black and displays the driver message (don't know if it was just a coincidence.. because there was a delay between my knee hitting the case and the screen going off).

At first I thought it was because if the graphic driver (have been reading forums with people complaining about nvidia latest drivers). So I used DDU tool to completely uninstall the drivers and eliminate all traces.. and did a clean install of the drivers that came with the graphic card's cd. And also tweaked some settings like using optimal power for performance and switching off vertical sync in the 3d options and even adding the tdrdelay in the registry. Problems continue.

Now I'm thinking it might be a CPU problem.. I monitored with CPUID during a match and saw that the temps were above 90º (194F). Well.. about that I intend to clean the inside of my case but only this weekend cause it's when I got the time for that unfortunately. And also need to pick up another can of air and thermal paste.

If the problems persist.. I will do a memtest.. to see if it might be related to some faulty ram.

And last hope how can I test the psu? to make sure it's not a power related issue.

I would like to know if anyone is or had any problem similar to this and probably guide me in the right direction.
I'm not a well informed user regarding computers so don't even know if what I wrote makes sense and if it's a good plan.

I would appreciate any thought on this!

"And other times.. is goes black and after a few secs my desktop reboots and displays the message that my CPU has overheated."
That information is a pretty good place to start as 90ºc is far too hot. Blow the dust out of the tower and carefully replace the thermal paste for the CPU. There will be plenty of guides on the internet. Anything else can wait because I rather think that if you do this the problem will be solved.

Yeah.. I will start with that. I just hope I'm not too late for permanent damages :(
And the reason I was still unsure about being a cpu related issue (before monitoring the temps) was because the message did not show up everytime it crashed. Should've done something right when it started though..

Thank you!!

Back