Random BSOD every 2 or 3 hours while playing games

Here's my problem - I am getting random BSODs every 2 or 3 hours while playing games (More if the computer is idle).
The only thing I could catch was MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS
and I extracted the following from Event Viewer -

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000044 (0x88118468, 0x00001d7b, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Did some research and found out that probably it was my RAM's fault. Ran it through memtest. Checked out clear.

My computer:

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2.60ghz
Silicon Power 2x2GB DDR2 800
NVIDIA 9600 GT 512MB

I also uploaded my minidumps.

Note: Post might have spelling mistakes.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    54.5 KB · Views: 1
For whatever weird reasons the debugger just hangs up when it tries to load symbols for debugging your minidumps. I'm trying to figure out what is the issue, but in the meantime, please disable any power saving/hibernation etc. and let us know if that helps.

As per MS:

Cause

A driver has called IoCompleteRequest to ask that an IRP be completed, but the packet has already been completed.

Resolution

This is a tough bug to find because the simplest case -- a driver that attempted to complete its own packet twice -- is usually not the source of the problem. More likely, two separate drivers each believe that they own the packet, and each has attempted to complete it. The first request succeeds, and the second fails, resulting in this bug check.

Also, please ensure that your system is not infected by any kind of virus/malware/spyware etc. Secondly, do check your hard drive for errors.

I have no idea which drivers can conflict with each other. Could it be the USB VoIP Station Drivers and the Sound Card (Realtek) ones?

Ran a check on all partitions with chkdsk /r and nothing came up, Scanned it with NOD32 Smart Security 4, nada.

Will run a third-party disk checking program.

Edit: Found something strange while using EVEREST - explorer.exe is using 70 something % of my RAM. Don't know if it's relevant.

Also - i53.remove this tinypic.com/2rejdhu.png - These are my temps - Don't know if relevant again.

Also2 - More minidumps.

Attachments

• Minidumpz.zip
    108.3 KB · Views: 1
USB drivers can cause this, probably they are more likely culprit. Did these crashes started after you installed either of the above USB devices?

One of the dumps cited Dynacal.sys (Dynamic Calibration Driver) as cause, also if dynacal.sys is located in C:\Windows\System32 then there is nothing to worry about; however, if it is not, then it may be a spyware/something malicious.

In addition to the above, I want you to run driver verifier by following these steps (before you do this kindly do ensure that your system can boot into Safe Mode, if there is a need for it):

1) Windows Key + R (or go to Start, then click on Run..)
2) Type in 'verifier' and hit enter
3) Make sure 'Create Standard Setting' is selected and hit next
4) Click on 'Select all drivers installed on this computer' and hit Finish
5) Reboot

There is a possibility that your system may crash on reboot. If this occurs hit F8 when rebooting just before the windows logo screen and select the safe mode boot option. Follow the same steps above but on step 4 choose 'Select driver names from a list'; hit next; check the box next to any driver where the provider is not Microsoft; hit Finish; reboot.

This will slow the performance of you computer a little while enabled but will hopefully catch the driver causing corruption. Next time you crash the blue screen will hopefully say something like "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION". When this occurs please post your new minidump.

Please note that Driver Verifier will continue to run on every boot up until you run (by going to Start, then to Run):

verifier /reset

Hopefully something useful may turn up through any new dumps. Regards

Ok, one thing's for sure, it's tied to the USB Microphone, I unplugged it and it stopped making these Random BSODs. I couldn't find dynacal.sys in C:\Windows\System32. I uninstalled the drivers from the CD and now using Windows' stock one, see if that makes a change.

Yep, that was the problem. The USB Mic is working perfectly even without the drivers (which turn out to be only for the skype quick buttons). Thanks for the help anyway.

Back