Random BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a Farly recent problem. I will start with what i have. Its a home built PC.
Asus P5Q-PRO
Intel Q6600
ATI XFX 4850
Thermaltake 850 PSU
Corsair dominator pc8500 4gigs
Windows 7 ultimate.

Temps are VERY low. I liquid cooled the CPU with a system i used for my old Pentium D.

I have reinstalled Winddows several times.
EVERY component in this build is Less than year old.

My computer randomly crashes to BSOD. Showing a different reason everytime.
MEM_MANGAMENT, IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.. The list goes on. All of the common errors.
I have tried different ram.
I had two of the Same Graphics cards, and tried either or.
After reinstalling windows it seems to run fine for almost a whole day, then it crashes randomly.
When i restart it it usually crashes right after the desktop loads. After a few restarts I get an hour, Or a few hours before it crashes again. I have no idea what is triggering these crashes.
Ive spent that last few days doing nothing but trouble shooting.
If any one can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Is the RAM installed one of the recommended by Asus for your motherboard? What does BIOS show the RAM voltage set at as compared to the RAM manufacture's specs?

Did you at any time run Memtest on your RAM for the minimum of 7 Passes?

I'd test the PSU. Sounds like it's flacky. Sometimes it works, then it flacks out on you. There are only two ways to test the PSU. Use a PSU multimeter or swap in a new PSU.

Best,
-- Andy

Im going to double check the ram settings. I ran the memtest, and the first pass failed one of the sticks. I tried testing them separately and i could duplicate the first results. I didn't run them for 7 passes the second time though. Ill try that again. If i don't find it there ill check out the PSU and get back, thanks guys.

If you even get one error with Memtest you have failed RAM that needs to be replaced.

Yes, but the likely hood is considerable smaller than the RAM itself. Try running the test with only one stick installed at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back