Random BSOD's after double RMA

Random BSOD's after double RMA, really confused... **UPDATE**

So I got my motherboard and ram back recently from RMA, my board was not allowing me to use the first ram slots on it. The pc would just shutdown or not even post. After getting the board back today I installed in excitedly expecting a refreshing break from the problems I was having before. The funny part was that my ram went out as well, 4 sets in a matter of 2 months... Luckily it was corsair ram and they did an RMA on all 4 sets.

I'm back to a similar ugly scenario though now... I am getting random BSOD's in no particular order. I went up to taco bell to satisfy my crave while the new patch for WoW downloaded, got back and wham, the pc had restarted during a 4 gb patch....

I only have gotten 2 minidumps from this whole issue but the pc has crashed about 6 times... I included the dump files and the event log files since I wasn't sure which ones were needed.

The last time I got a 0x0A error code, I attached the minidump files for anyone who might be able to give me some insight as to whether I should go screaming back to Gigabyte or not.

Thank you all in advance for your help!!

System Specs:

Gigabyte EP45-DS3R Mobo
Intel QX6850 3.0ghz
4 gb (2x2gb) Corsair Dominator DDR2 PC8500
EVGA Nvidia GTX470SC 1280mb DDR5
Corsair TX750 PSU,
1x WD 1TB Hdd, 1x WD 500gb Hdd
Win7 X64 Ultimate

Attachments

• Dump Files.zip
    111.9 KB · Views: 1
**UPDATE**

I got another BSOD today, while just going through files. I was not playing any games or running any applications at all. Really confused as to why this is happening. I added the 3rd dump file to the zip and uploaded it again. I would REALLY appreciate some help PLEASE...

thanks in advance

Your minidump files only list Windows OS drivers as the probable cause and the problem with OS drivers is they are usually too general to be of much diagnostic help. However, with your error codes and the issues you are experiencing you might be looking at either memory corruption or wrong voltage settings for your RAM. Therefore you’ll need to run memtest on your RAM.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

*** If Memtest shows no errors then find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match?

Thank you for your reply. If this memory is corrupt then there is something seriously wrong. I got it as a replacement from Corsair about 4 days ago brand new in the box. This is the 3rd set that they have replaced due to similar 'ram corruption issues'. Is it possible for a motherboard to corrupt ram? I will run memtest tonight and report back.

Thanks again!

My best hunch at this point is this: Find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match?

Also, is your motherboard designed to utilize the voltage settings of the memory?

Back