Asrock ripping me off on a RMA

XenosTech

I purchased a X570 Taichi last year as a birthday gift to myself in April while I waited on price on parts to drop but I didn't use it until October that same year when my intel system kicked the bucket. In July of this year I noticed my 3600 having high temps while idling (95c) which is madness for this little chip, so I shut down and took off the aio and powered on to see if the pump was dead and the board wouldn't power back on. Went through some basic troubleshooting and determined the board was dead in some way.

Contacted Asrock and they told me they can't ship to where I am and they would need a U.S address, no biggie, I have a freight forwarding address so that's simple. I got the RMA board a few weeks later after paying to send my damaged board back and the first thing I noticed on this RMA board was one on the M.2 SSD screws is loose. Took off the heat shield and saw one of the stands offs ripped from the board and lying there, I immediately took a picture and sent it to support, they acknowledged the board being damaged and told me they would send a prepaid shipping label, this is where the **** show starts, but while I waited on them to send me the prepaid label, I tested the board to see if it was at least functional. It wasn't, I tried it as is out of the box and got D0 error code, tried 1 stick of RAM in all 4 slots, flashed the bios to the latest one, borrowed my buddy's system and tried his 5600g and it posted once and when I powered down to put in a drive to boot into windows, it wouldn't post again even with the drive removed, so this board was defective as well.

They sent me a prepaid label for FedEx ground shipping when I need an international one to send back the damaged board to them, they were also trying to make me use my freight forwarder to ship it back to the U.S but they don't do that and I'd have to pay again just to get it back to the U.S. At the present moment I haven't heard back from them in weeks and I'm still stuck with a dead board that they sent me and aren't being very helpful in getting it returned to them.

I would really like some help with this situation in any way shape or form, I've honestly done with anything related to Asrock after this.
ASrock RMA site.png

image.thumb.png.5c694542442b8c1d06453de3f313b05a.pngimage.png.26b4f831d06d647b5793b2bd3ad7f3e0.png1855645094_Screenshot2022-08-25161814.png.30467e519ab8953dc417ec050473e535.pngimage.png.e1142d956c917dce08d017c393269db9.pngimage.png.84407b18f57442f95c6ab737a8782e8c.pngimage.png.2289be245cf101ca765fb22a33fcceba.png

I had some bad dealings with Asrock as a customer so guess what....now that I run an IT shop I don't offer or sell ASrock products and I see it was a good idea since they are still up to their old tricks.

My best advice is to cut your losses and move on.

I had some bad dealings with Asrock as a customer so guess what....now that I run an IT shop I don't offer or sell ASrock products and I see it was a good idea since they are still up to their old tricks.

My best advice is to cut your losses and move on.
Sigh my biggest problem they were the only motherboard that didn't nuke sata ports for using a nvme ssd in their 3rd m.2 slot

Last edited:
Back