Random BSODs on x79 system with SSDs, Intel rste

I haven't been able to track down the cause of bsod's I've been getting recently. I have attached the last three minidumps as a zip file; I don't know whether anyone can help. Oddly each BSOD has a different error message. Besides my specs below, the system is unusual in having two samsung 830 ssds (256 GB) in a Raid 1 configuration controlled by the intel raid sata6 on the asus motherboard. I'm using the latest version of all the drivers etc. (in this case, Intel rst-e (enterprise), not plain rst). (Did not get any memory errors with memory checkers.) Thank you.

CPU: Intel 3930K (c1 stepping)

Motherboard: Asus P9X79 Deluxe

Ram: Mushkin, 64GB (8 x 8GB) Enhanced Silverline PC3-10600 DDR3 1333MHz CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1.5V SDRAM DIMM, Non-ECC

GPU: ASUS, ENGTX570 DCII/2DIS/1280MD5, GeForce® GTX 570

PSU: Seasonic Platinum-1000

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    80.9 KB · Views: 5
Sweet system!
NTOSKRNL.exe and FLTMGR.sys

What memory checkers did you use? How long was the PC running normally before the BSOD's first appeared? A recent update or program addition could have caused this instability. I have seen so many posts here dealing with Windows 7 64-bit and SSD's that have this sort of instability recently...

What antivirus/antimalware programs are you using

Tmagic650,
Thanks for your help.

>Sweet system!
not when she's being bad!

>NTOSKRNL.exe and FLTMGR.sys
Do you think the minidump files point to these as the trigger? and that this likely means that the ssd firmware or the Intel RAID drivers are to blame?

I used the windows 7 native memory checker, and I also used memtest86+ (from memtest.org).

for antivirus, using Microsoft Security Essentials.

It's a new system, and I only noticed it when I started leaving the system on for a long time. Obviously I can try to make changes to see if there is a culprit. I did add a few fans and move an intel network card to a different slot, so I can undo that. I was just hoping the minidump files would narrow it down, because as far as I know it might be anything.

NTOSKRNL.exe can point to anything from bad or mis-timed memory to hard drive corruption to program incompatibility etc... FLTMGR.sys is a File System Filter Manager driver pointing to memory or program/malware problems, really difficult to pin down, also true for minidumps in general with out trouble history. Your memory checking and antivirus choice are good

thanks. I can sense it's going to take a long time to track the cause down. From those minidumps, I assume it's not safe to exclude any factor as a cause either? (such as graphics card drivers or generic higher-level software?).

So far, the cause of the bsods appears to be the "logmein" remote control program mirror driver (which has to be removed separately from device manager after the uninstalling the program). (I'll update this post if I get another bsod.)

Back