Random computer restarts and no displays afterwards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, my name is Jonny and I'm here to find out why my computer randomly restarts (I believe its because it overheats but don't know what) and when it turns back on all I hear is all the fans in my computer blowing but my monitor is pitch black and the light is blinking as if its not even on. I turn it off, then I leave it for 2 or 3 minutes and turn it back on and it works normally again I hear everything booting but I also have to leave my fan blowing into the case or else it would turn off again. I want to know what is overheating and if there are any sorts of hardware problems as I've read in some of the other forums. This has been going on for about 6 months and since school has been starting i do not want this to happen while i am in the middle of my schoolwork.

My video card is a Ge-Force 7900 GS, I have SP2 of windows XP, Core 2 Duo processor, Seagate 320 GB harddrive, 1 gig of DDR2 corsair memory and 2 gigs of Ballistix memory. I have a arctic cooler freezer pro 7 so im pretty sure its not my processor overheating.. and i have a zalman ZM-600HP power supply and i have a Gigabyte S-series 965P-DS3 motherboard. please get back to me asap

thank you

Does your GeForce video card have a fan on it? Does the fan spin? Pull the CPU heatsink off, clean off the old thermal compound using alcohol, and apply a small amount of arctic cooler freezer pro 7 once more. Also, check the thermal shut off settings for the CPU in the bios. You might want to reset the CMOS settings

Just make shure your BIOS is set to optimized defaults. Make shure your using latest drivers and open your case door. Get better cooling on it. Should fix it and good to go. If not then I think you have a busted PSU or somethin,,,, gl,

i used to have this problem i just changed my psu and it stoped i was messing about with my psu to find out that underneath ther was a big burn mark

Does your GeForce video card have a fan on it? Does the fan spin? Pull the CPU heatsink off, clean off the old thermal compound using alcohol, and apply a small amount of arctic cooler freezer pro 7 once more. Also, check the thermal shut off settings for the CPU in the bios. You might want to reset the CMOS settings

yeah the fan does spin i think i might have to clean it though but thanks i'll try it

yeah i had it opened the case for more ventilation for quite sometime now, but I might need to move my comp on to another part of my desk since its on the floor right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back