Random crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyldeguitarist

I am trying to author a dvd to burn. Every time I start the process, a few minutes into it the blue screen of death shows. I've been researching and can't find a solution. I have had Vista installed for a few months and it usually works. This is my first attempt at burning dvds though. And someone please tell me how to find my computer's specs because I can't find them (CPU, PSU, Motherboard, OS, etc.).

The above text (in my post) in Blue are clickable links

But if you have a proprietory manufactured computer (like Dell Asus Hp....) place this information (Make AND Model) in the Mobo field
in your Profile <-- see clickable :)

Make sure you also answer "Yes" in your Profile ( <- not clickable) to showing your specs.

Then reply once done

I havent tried ccleaner yet because I'm still having the crashing problem during the authoring phase. So how does the motherboard specs help me stop my computer from crashing?

hi wyldeguitarist
Sounds like crash is caused by your burning and authoring software. thats why i am asking what program are you using?

Ive tried dvdflick, convertxtodvd, and nero vision, all have the same error, about a few minutes into the process i get an error either "ffmpeg.exe has stopped working" or "logitek something has stopped working" followed by the blue screen and restart. Sorry Kim about the dumb question, I just don't understand what steps need to be taken. Should I post a mini dump?

Update: I tried authoring other files and it worked and burned. But now I'm at another problem, I get "disc error" on both of my dvd players. Using Digix HT-1056a and Toshiba SD-2705.

there are many ways of getting to where they are stored: i will give you this method and no doubt someone will probably give you a short cut:

go to Start > then in the search/run box at the bottom of the start menu type "C:\windows\minidump\" (without the quotes) and enter

In the folder that opens up you should find the dumpfiles, they are named in numbered sequence so the latest one will have the highest number.

copy the latest three or four to your desktop:

Make sure you are logged in on this page on techspot: click post reply and type your post. Click "Manage Attachments (below in additional options).

click browse in the pop up window and click desktop, select the dumpfiles and click upload then submit reply:

I don't think a mini dump is necessary anymore because once I started trying other files they were working without bsod, so it mustve been the original file I was trying to author. Anyway, I just get "disc error" in my dvd players after burning with Imgburn. I dont know if its just the kind of dvds I'm using (TDK DVD-R) or what.

Ok I used divxflick to turn the avi file into an iso image. I burned the dvd again withj imgburn, checked the dvd players, got disc error. Then I put the same dvd into the computer again and used power dvd to play it, and it read it perfectly and played the movie through power dvd. This could mean that my dvd players won't read it for some reason, but that doesnt make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back