Random Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

EternalWarrior

Hi Everyone,

Recently (last week or two) I have been having issues getting random crashes. It happens most commonly when opening an application, especially those that seem to be graphics demanding. I've had 2 random crashes during the middle of Warcraft 3 games, and at times when I have tried to open both Warcraft 3 and World of Warcraft the computer will just reboot and give me a "windows has recovered from a serious error" message at start up. Should I try and get a hold of one of the logs and copy and paste it in here? It looks like its related to TEMP files which pushes me in the direction of registry errors maybe? any fix for this possibility? any suggestions other than a system restore to a few weeks back. I first thought the crashes might be hardware related (The fan on my vid card died a month ago but it has since been replaced), but temp's are all in the mid 30's celsius and below. Any utilities I can run that might help anyone at? any logs or other info I can post just let me know.

Thanks guys,
You're the best

E.W.

My first suspicion when I read of crashes while playing games is a driver issues with the video card. Try updating the video card driver and tell us if that brings stability.

Well I updated the video drivers yesterday and this morning I was having a network issue so I rebooted and when I did so I got the same error message as I did after the crashes. "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Error". along with "System has recovered from a serious error", again the files involved in the error were TEMP files.

thoughts?

dont want to sound like a complete nub. but by minidumps do you mean the log reports that go along with the error messages? is there anyway I can find this log or manually attain the information without having to just wait for the computer to crash again?

well got another crash today. had wow running in windowed mode, changed the setting so it would be maxmimized and boom, crash. got 2 errors.

1. The system has recovered from a serious error.
Date This Error report contains: Error Signature:
BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : BF01E83D BCP3 : AAAE0288
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

technical information about the error report:
C:\DOCUME~1\Jeff\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7829.dir00\Mini012409-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Jeff\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7829.dir00\sysdata.xml

2. Generic Host Process for Win32 Services encountered a problem and needed to close.
data this error report contains:
EventType : BEX P1 : svchost.exe P2 : 0.0.0.0 P3 : 00000000
P4 : unknown P5 : 0.0.0.0 P6 : 00000000 P7 : 00000000
P8 : c0000005 P9 : 00000008

technical information about the error report:
C:\DOCUME~1\Jeff\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7b88.dir00\svchost.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Jeff\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7b88.dir00\appcompat.txt

any chance that helps at all?

I only read the last one
BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, bf01e83d, aaae0288, 0}
Probably caused by : atkdisp.dll
Process WOW.exe
(ofcourse!)

Well it looks like your Video drivers are causing conflict somewhere
I'd disable any Video startup that is not required, other than the driver itself
Here's a good program to help you do that Startup Control Panel

Or just try different Video drivers
I don't want to get bogged down with this wow game though, seems it's the No.1 game that faults, as recorded by the amount of posts I see on it.
I just wanted to help you, where the Minidumps were located, and 2 mins later you posted them , wow you learn quickly

thats just probably because its the number one selling game the last like 3 years in a row. ha. but yes, thanks for your help, ill disable any video stuff on startup. thanks! (would this include the little utilities that came with the drivers?

Mainly OSD
Oh is that right about the game. I suppose I should keep up a bit
If it were my computer and I tried everything I'd just uninstall the game, there's a million other games out there :D

see i might take you up on that, BUT, it happens in other applications too. Opening Warcraft 3 (same company, different game). or even just doing stuff in iTunes or Firefox sometimes. so I'm sure I cant throw all the blame on WoW. what do you think?

4 x atkdisp.dll and 1 x ati3duag.dll.

Read you should update both smartdoctor and gamer osd.

Right click desktop go to Properties, Advanced, Asus.

Just wanted everyone to know this problem has disappeared, well for now. Has not occurred in over a week. I reinstalled all graphic related drivers as well as updated my chipset. Im having a separate game based issue that is boggling my mind, but it seems separate from this. Im trying on the TechBoards for the game but not getting much response. here is a link to my thread here:

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic121157.html

tried to run memtest this morning and my comp is resetting after the test has only run for like 5 seconds. might this be a boot disk error? is the ram really that? what other hardware could effect this?

Try this: Run with only one stick of RAM. Then switch out and run with the other tick of RAM. Tell us the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back