Random Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

damascuswpg

Hey I hope someone can help me with this problem because i'm oblivious to it. Recently my computer has been crashing during SOME memory intensive games.. but not all. For instance, crashes after 10 minutes in Heroes V. Doesn't crash during Supreme Commander. It;s running XP 32bit

My first guess was it was a memory problem seeing as it has many of the same symptoms. I ran memtest86 and windiag. Through some passes it would fail a test (LSAN to be specific). I thought this might be the problem so I went out and bought two new sticks and placed them into 2 oppopsite slots of the previous RAM. The games didn't crash, but occasionally I would get weird textures popping up. Today I started testing again and low and behold.. SAME PROBLEM!! All drivers are updated, temperature running smooth, virus/spyware/Hijackthis all ran without anything popping up.

Last error message..
BCCode : 1000000a BCP1 : 0189144E BCP2 : 0000001C BCP3 : 00000001
BCP4 : 804FC906 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 768_1

Windows Events Log shows..
The NVR0FLASHDev service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

The HID Input Service service terminated with the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

If you need any additional info, just ask. I would really appreciate some help pin-pointing this annoyance. Thank you.

Ugh this problem is so random.

First I got this error once or twice when rebooting. Intel CPU uCode loading error. So what I did was I flashed my BIOS and reinstalled a fresh one. I then flushed out all nVidia files, rebooted, installed latest drivers, rebooted than got a BSOD.

(0x000000001, 0x0000001C, 0x00000000, 0x80502cc7)

WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS THING?!?!

new..

BCCode : 1000000a BCP1 : 00000001 BCP2 : 0000001C BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 80502CC7 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 768_1

Minidump 082708-01
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xEA
Probably caused by : nv4_mini.sys

Possible Solution:
Get the latest version of your video card drivers from here http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us Uninstall your video card drivers from the add/remove programs list restart your computer then install the updated drivers you downloaded.

Miniump 100308-01
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1
Probably caused by : A3AB.sys

This is the driver for your wireless network card from D-Link.

Possible Solution:
Download the latest driver for your wireless network card here http://support.dlink.com/downloads/ then uninstall the old drivers from the add/remove programs list. After that has finished restart your computer then install the latest drivers that you downloaded.

Something else you may want to consider is: Download Ccleaner from http://www.ccleaner.com/download/downloading install it then scan your registry with the registry scanning feature and fix any errors it finds. Please note: Although many people have used Ccleaner to clean their registry without any problems. You should make a backup of the registry when ccleaner asks if you want to. Save it somewhere you can easily get to. After it has cleaned the registry restart your computer, and if your computer boots up ok then you can delete the registry backup if you want.

After doing the above stated please post back and let us know if the issue was resolved or not.

In the first post it states that all drivers were updated(post 2 specifically refers to that nvidia bug). That includes uninstalling old ones (ie. nVidia with driver cleaner), and reinstalling. I also ran a registry cleaner, ect.

I pulled apart my computer, i pulled off all the fans/heat sinks and cleaned them. replugged everything in and so far it's been running okay. I will post back if it happens again. I haven't finished testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back