Random Freezes, even in BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auronkiller7

EDIT:
OK, while trying to fix this problem, I recieved the BSoD again, so this may be the wrong forum for this. If so I apologize. I am completely confused at this point, so I'm debating just building my own computer. If you would still like to read through and have any advice, it is appreciated, however if not, I don't blame you.

Hello. Recently I posted on these forums because I was getting BSoD at random times. I ended up reinstalling windows xp, and it solved my problem, or so I thought. Now, instead of random BSoD, I'm getting random system freezes. It will happen whether I'm playing a game, chatting on vent, just idling. It sort of froze up in bios. The little bar at the top was still fading between blue and black, but I was unable to do anything. This has happened twice, and both times it happened when I tried to access the hardware monitor under power settings. I'm at a complete loss to the cause. The only unusual happening other than the random freezes is that on startup it will sometimes pop up an error message about the CPU fan. The CPU fan will still run fine though. I've tried completely wiping my hard drive and it didn't help. Originally, this would happen once a day or so, but now it happens up to once every 10 minutes. Any assistance would be appreciated.

My specs are:
CPU: Pentium D 945 3.4 GHZ
MB: Asus P5LD2-VM (P5B-VM DO)
RAM: 2 Visionman 512MB DDR2, 2 Corsair 2GB DDR2
Video Card: EVGA e-GeForce 8800 GT (512 MB DDR3)
Sound Card: No Clue
PSU: Hec WIN 550 UB

Also, my cpu temperature is running at 60C I'm not sure if that is too high or not.

I see that you are mixing RAM... Try running the computer with one or the other brands and see if your system settles down. It is never a good idea to mix memory... Especially in an Asus motherboard!

I see that you are mixing RAM... Try running the computer with one or the other brands and see if your system settles down. It is never a good idea to mix memory... Especially in an Asus motherboard!

Aye, I tried running it with just my old ram, and just the 2 2 gig sticks, still was freezing.

Yup, it ran fine for about a year with the old ram. I decided to build my own computer now. I think the Mobo just went bad.

another thing to watchout for maybe upping the voltages for the mem a little depending on what type it is and i think from what u r saying its a bad mobo, if u dont get bsod and get random freezes it means that there is some miscommunications normally between the cpu and mobo and typically the ram. soo i wud place my bet on the mobo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back