Random Freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcoperfield

I get random freezes at my PC. Mostly the PC just freeze and the image at the screen just stays there and u have to reboot the hard way... Some times it may crash. I know its a hardware problem and i really suspect the PSU. I upload the most recent minidumps but most of them were never created as the PC just freezes. The minidumps are only from crashes i guess... Could u help me out here? any help would be nice.

Gigabyte mobo dont remember the exact model, Pentium D 3.2, 4x512 Kingston 400 Mhz, Nvidia 7800GS AGP, 500 Watt PSU (not a firm.... not even its creator knows it...)

Inside the 5 MiniDumps:
BugCheck E3, {89c3d388, 89131c70, 0, 2}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for klif.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for klif.sys
Probably caused by : klif.sys

BugCheck 1000007F, {8, 80042000, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe

BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, b7236448, b9801b34, b9801830}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nltdi.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nltdi.sys
Probably caused by : nltdi.sys

BugCheck 1A, {41284, 410001, 4df7, c0883000}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

BugCheck 1A, {41284, 410001, 4df7, c0883000}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

OPlease download, create bootable disc, of memtest, and run for 7 Passes

I ran it and i get countless errors but i think its a slot that is problematic. is that possible? i get errors only when i insert a module in a specific position

i cleared all problems continue... i also noticed that whoever assembled the pc is using 24pin cable for a 20 pin slot in my mobo.... Could this be the reason for all these problems? could the voltage be too low for example?

The extra pins were designed to aid in the power consumption used in PCI cards (namely AGP and PCI-Express)

But I'd replace it with the right one, if I were you.

ok now i ll drive u crazy... it was the fan from the cooler tha was shortcircuiting every time the fan was going above some certain rpm... i replaced the cooler with the default intel and everything is fine... was lucky to find it...

Well done, but recognise that overheating may have shortened the life of whatever that fan was cooling. Are you fully prepared backup-wise for a complete failure ? If not check out drive image software, invest in a second hard drive for backup purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back