random reboot when using internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is the actual code that i receive after this problem occurs:

BCCode : 10000012 BCP1 : 00000002 BCP2 : 8001003B BCP3 :00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

C:\DOCUME~1\HP_Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERbe24.dir00\Mini071906-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\HP_Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERbe24.dir00\sysdata.xml

this happens whenever i am on my internet provider (which, in my case, is dial-up, so i don't know if that has anything to do with it) AND when i have my music playing program (winamp) operating at the same time; in fact, winamp does not even have to be playing music for this to happen, as long as the program is up on my desktop. this combination usually causes the computer to reboot within minutes of being connected to the internet, but sometimes the system will restart on its own following a prolonged period of time on the internet without winamp being open. i might add that i installed a creative soundblaster card prior to this problem having occurred and found that if i uninstall and take out the sound card and run on my onboard audio, the problem does not occur. i understand that this and similar codes were older problems on these message boards when i searched for answers to my problem online recently, but all links or advice that were given have either been omitted, deleted, or are missing from these boards, so i would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me identify what this problem is, why it is happening, and the proper solution i should take to resolve and fix this, thanks a lot.

my apologies, but i'm not the most literate person with computers and their inner workings. if you could guide me through on how to find my dumps and zip them onto the forum, i would be very grateful. thanks for any help you can provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back