Random shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys im having a few problems with my ms-7184 v1.0
i originally thougth it was a PSU malfunction but i have since changed PSu's and the problem is still there.

i can boot up my system fine and everything run perfect untill randomly it shuts down and i cannot restart the PC untill i have unplugged the power and let the power relay inside the PSU reset. Then it works fine again untill it shuts itself down.

my motherboard has a 24pin power socket on it and im using a 20pin connector, ive been told this shouldnt be the problem but im not sure of it.

any reply would be much appreciated.

I have seen this problem many times... You could try updating the motherboard bios and resetting the CMOS, but you might have to replace the motherboard to get rid of this

thunderbolt, I doubt if Elmonik is runnng Windows 7. It sounds more like he's running XP, but who really knows at this point

It sounds like you have some sort of short that is causing the issue. There are few things I need to know to go on,

1. What stage of boot do you get to before it shuts off.
2. Have you checked to make sure everything is seated properly?

It would not be a bad idea to take everything but the RAM and CPU out and turn it on and see if it stays on. Then you can narrow it down.

thanks for your replies guys ive read them all and fixed it.
turns out the cpu fan was on upside down :S and the socket that held the cpu and heat sink was silghtly cracked, it was on a very slight angle and cause it to over heat after about 10 mins of use.

ive replaced the cpu mounts and now it all runs fine.

Glad you got it fixed... Did you originally build this computer or did someone else build it for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back