Random Stop 0x00000050 error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, this is my first post and looking through other threads everyone appears to be way smarter than I am so please be gentle.

I recently installed new RAM, a new video card(8800GT), and a new
PSU(Antec 430W).

After doing this I have been getting a stop error randomly. It has happened during game play and while browsing the internet, or opening the My Computer icon. It is very random. It is always the same stop error 0x00000050 and PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. I'm not sure if it means anything, but the third set of numbers(Parameter 3) is always the same(0x80539313).

I tried reinstalling the driver for the video card and I still get the error. I ran memtest86 and there were no errors after 20+ passes. I have read that bad memory can pass the memtest. Should I put the old memory back in?

After getting the video card I noticed the minimum recommended PSU is 500W. Which I will be replacing, but I wouldn't think this would be causing this error since it is so random and does not only occur when I am loading the system. Am I wrong in thinking this?

I am attaching some minidumps since I have noticed some people know how to interpret these.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me out on this. Thank you!

All the crashes are caused by OsaFsLoc.sys - INFO. See if you can update it.

BugCheck 10000050, {e1519000, 0, 80539313, 1}
Probably caused by : OsaFsLoc.sys ( OsaFsLoc+e2e )
ba380000 ba3847a0 OsaFsLoc OsaFsLoc.sys Fri Apr 14 01:15:33 2006 (443E7925)

Wow! You are fast. Thank you for looking into those for me. I will try to update or disable/uninstall the program.

I believe that you will have a much smoother running machine if you not only meet the 500 watt spec, but go over that. Maybe 600 watts. Your machine does have more needs than just the video processor. Running below your power needs is a basic thing to stay away from. When your P.C. is starving for power, anything can happen. Very odd things can happen. I don't know all the specs of your machine but that graphics card will need at least 2 gigs of ram. You should do all that you can to accommadate your 8800 GT.

pdyckman@comcas said:
I believe that you will have a much smoother running machine if you not only meet the 500 watt spec, but go over that. Maybe 600 watts. Your machine does have more needs than just the video processor. Running below your power needs is a basic thing to stay away from. When your P.C. is starving for power, anything can happen. Very odd things can happen. I don't know all the specs of your machine but that graphics card will need at least 2 gigs of ram. You should do all that you can to accommadate your 8800 GT.

I don't know the rest of his hardware specifications either, but some how I'm willing to bet that he does not need a 600w PSU. His PSU probably has 34A on the 12v rail which is plenty to run the 8800GT as well as the rest of his PC (I'd bet anyway).

Thanks for the replies everyone. Like I said I am new to this so I will take all the info I can get.

I didn’t really want to share the specs because they aren’t very impressive since I originally bought this computer for simple things like burning cd/dvds and internet. Then I decided I want to play games.

Anyway, until I build a gaming system I have:

Acer Dual Core 1.8GHz Intel 946GZ (stop laughing)
2GB RAM DDR2 800
8800GT 512 (yes, I realize the computer is probably keeping the card from its full potential)
160GB HDD
DVD RW Drive
Soon to be Antec 500W PSU (Your right Zenosincks, 34A on 12V rail)

It came with Acer Empowering Technology, which, thanks to peterdiva I find out is the cause of the Stop error I have been getting. I never paid attention to this software and now that I have done some reading it sounds like it causes a lot of problems.

Anyway, thanks for all the replies.

Unless your PSU is actually defective, there is absolutely no reason to buy a 500w PSU for that PC. Your current PSU is more than capable of powering it. You'd probably be more than covered with a decent 300w PSU.

I realize that the PSU you need is entirely dependent on your system. I tried to do the research to find out how much I need but I don’t know what to believe. According to Wattage calculators I have way more than I need, however, then I read that those don’t work and I need to pay attention to Amps as much as or even more so than Watts.

I thought that my current Antec 430W(30A on 12V rail) would be alright, but then I noticed on the 8800GT box that the minimum recommended is 500W. Then I start getting this stop error and I think well maybe I need more power.

Anyway, it is difficult to figure out when I don’t know what you are doing. So thanks for the input.

Calculators such as Newegg add a solid 25-30% of overhead. They probably suggest a 500w PSU because given all the PSU's in circulation, a lot of 300w PSU's won't have the required Amps. Trust me, if you have the stop errors resolved, and you aren't experiencing frequent shut downs, you are fine. You could get by with much less than you have.

Buy something like "Killawatt" to see what your current power draw is if you don't believe me. It's going to cost you less than a new PSU and you'll find out you won't need one ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back