Razer Blade 2014_Motherboard stop working

Hi Guys,

I'm fair computer illiterate so I thought I would ask the question here.

My Razer Blade 2014 wasn't holding charge so I sent it in for repair to the razer store. The ended up replacing the battery with OEM and I had asked them to also change the letter and number pad as the old one was looking used. I got the unit back after 3 weeks which was really good service but after a week or 2 of using it the unit doesn't turn on at all. No lights while charging on the laptop yes light is on at the charger unit but otherwise the razer is completely dead.

It did work for 1-2 weeks, I do carry it to work via flight and on my return back home the problem above started. I have given the laptop back to razer thinking the battery may be lose, but the technician has come back and said that the motherboard has stopped working. I would like to know is anyone of the above repairs and motherboard not working connected? it will cost me $1200 to fix it, the laptop is probably worth less than that. I'm unsure what to do.

Your help and advice is much appreciated.

Regards,

Sid

Honestly, Sid, that is a lot of money for repairing a 4 year old laptop. The only way I know that you can determine with any certainty that said repairs might have caused your latest issues is to take it to another repair shop that has a high reputation for honesty. Otherwise my best advice is for you to consider spending your hard earned money into a new system that you have well researched.

Please keep us updated and let us know what you have decided to do. Good luck.

Back