Ready made desktop

Hi all,

am currently planning to purchase a PC just for gaming itself and some normal net surfing.

i do not know how to DIY myself as i do not have any experience. but have search through the web and have found 2 desktop which is quite good.

the first is DELL.

Studio XPS 9100
Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-920 Processor (2.66GHz, turbo up to 2.93GHz, 8MB)
Operating System
Genuine Windows(R) 7 Home Premium 64bit Edition (English)
Specifications - Operating System
Memory
6GB Tri-Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz - 3 DIMMs(3X2GB)
Hard Drive
1TB SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive with Native Command Queuing
Video Card
1GB ATI(R) Radeon(TM) HD 5870
Optical Drive
Single Drive:16X DVD+/-RW with Dual Layer Write

cost is $1999.

second is Acer.

Aspire M7721
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium , 64-bit, Intel Core i7-930 processor (2.66GHz, 8MB Cache, 4.8GT/s Intel QPI), 6GB Ram, 1TB S-ATA HDD, DVD SuperMulti Double-Layer Drive, Nvidia GeForce GT330 Graphics Card (2GB Dedicated RAM), Wireless LAN, Wireless Keyboard and Mouse, With 23" Full HD LCD Monitor.

Operating System Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium

Processor Intel® Core™ i7 processor with Intel® X58 chipset

System Memory Supports DDRIII up to a maximum of 12GB (three-channel support on six DIMMs)

Graphics Enabled ATI CrossFireX™
NVIDIA® SLI™ support
Microsoft® DirectX® 10 support

Audio High Definition (7.1) Optimized Dolby® Home Theater® audio enhancement, featuring Dolby® Digital, Dolby® Pro Logic® II, Dolby® Headphone, Dolby® Virtual Speaker, and Dolby® Digital Live technologies

I/O Interface Front:
Multi-in-1 card reader, Smart Backup button, IEEE 1394 port (6-pin), Two USB 2.0 ports, High-definition headphone and microphone jacks
Rear:
Six USB 2.0 ports, PS/2 keyboard and mouse ports, Ethernet (RJ-45) port, Six audio ports, IEEE 1394 port (6 pin), All display ports on the graphics card

Hard Drives Up to 2 internal ATA hard disks of 1TB each
Up to 2 front access ATA hard disks of 1TB each

Optical Devices SuperMulti DVD-RW

Expansion Slots Two PCI Express® 2.0 x16 slots
PCI Express X4 slot
PCI Express® 2.0 x1 slot

Housing Dimension 180(W) x 441.5(D) x 367(H)

Software Acer eRecovery Management, Acer Arcade™ Deluxe, Microsoft® Office 2007 Trial with Microsoft® Works, McAfee® Internet Security Suite 2009 Trial, Adobe® Reader®, Nero® 9 Essentials, Oberon GameZone, eSobi™, MyWinLocker®

EMI / Safety CE, FCC, BSMI, CCC, ETL, Nemko

Price = $1999.

please note that i have copy and paste the specs through their own profile.

the games i wish to play on my systems are, crysis 2 (upcoming) Battlefield 3 (upcoming), Medal of Honour (upcoming) black ops (upcoming)

Bad company 2, modern warfare 2 and most of the FPS gaming that is soon to be out

my questions is, will any of the 2 desktops able to play this games at MAX settings?

which systems/desktops do you all recommend?

Thanks a lot for ur help.

Unfortunately no one will know how well any PC's are going to work on the future games until they are released but the dell would certainly be great for modern games.

Here's another option from Dell/Alienware:

$1,878.00
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English
Overclocked Intel® Core™ i7 930 Quad Core Processor (3.36GHz, 8MB Cache)
Single 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460
6GB Triple Channel 1333Mhz DDR3
1TB - SATA-II, 3Gb/s, 7,200RPM, 32MB Cache HDD
Single Drive: 24X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability
23.0" Dell ST2310 Full HD Monitor with VGA cable
Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio

I agree with g4mer. That Dell will perform much better with current games.

hi all, sorry to reply late. was so busy at work, well, i have another desktops specs.

this is what the dell customer services intro to me.

Studio XPS 9100

Processor
Intel® Core™ i7-930 Processor (2.8GHz, 8MB)

Operating System
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit (English)
Specifications - Operating System

Memory
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (4 x 2GB)
Specifications - Memory

Hard Drive
1TB SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive with Native Command Queuing

Video Card
1GB ATI® Radeon™ HD 5870
Specifications - Video Card

Optical Drive
Single Drive: Blu-ray Disc Combo (Reads BD and Writes to DVD/CD w/dual layer capability)
Specifications - Optical Drive

is this specs better then the 2 previous desktop?

will i be able to play bad company 2/ modern warfare 2/ medal of honor and black ops in max settings?

please advise.

I'd recommend triple-channel memory (3x2GB like in the earlier Dell build vs. the 4x2GB kit in the Dell build above) for better performance but aside from that, I don't see any major difference between either of them, so go with the first one IMHO, especially if it's significantly (>$100) cheaper. The Acer is inferior to either machine, so I don't recommend it.

Do you already have a monitor, or are you going to buy one as well? If you're looking to buy one, consider JMMD's build; you may want to change the video card to a more powerful one if you're buying a large (30" or so) monitor, but the GTX 460 should be great otherwise.

Back