Really determined virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

5aq1b

Hi

I have someone elses laptop to fix as it's somehow obtained a virus. Upon login to vista, an IE window opens up taking me to a auction site called POPEO and also a fake AV is installed called Alpha Antivirus.

I have a problem, i'm unable to install or run Malware Antibytes, HT, or Super Anti Spyware. Double clicking does nothing and it doesnt even show in the running processes, same goes for within Safe mode!

So what do I do!?

First, it's spyware not virus. Most persons get this wrong. Viruses typically disable your computer. Spyware has some kind of business intend that can interfere with your computer's performance. You have symptoms of the latter.

Open MS System Configuration Utility and deselect any obvious spyware programs.

Start -> Run -> msconfig -> Startup

If you see anything in the list that resembles the programs causing you grief, remove the checkmark. Then restart.

Repost with results.

-- Andy

First, it's spyware not virus. Most persons get this wrong. Viruses typically disable your computer. Spyware has some kind of business intend that can interfere with your computer's performance. You have symptoms of the latter.

Open MS System Configuration Utility and deselect any obvious spyware programs.

Start -> Run -> msconfig -> Startup

If you see anything in the list that resembles the programs causing you grief, remove the checkmark. Then restart.

Repost with results.

-- Andy

Thanks, i forgot to add that i already did this too and at startup I have running:

Synaptics pointing device driver
Mobile me
Ssbkgupdate (nuance communications)
Omnipage (nuance communications)
Cnslmain.exe
Canon my printer
Hd audio control panel
Logmein
Eset smart security
Microsoft windows operating system (ehtray.exe)
SQL server

Also, a NOD32 scan is running right now and has found alpha AV in its log but it says it will require a restart to delete but I know that it will not delete it after restart. The Nod32 scan didn't work in Safe model

And heres the HJT Log:

i've also managed to install malware antibytes now and that is running also.

cheers guys it does appear im virus free however i think its screwed my network adapters up. I have no net access and when in device manager, the LAN and WIFI adapters have this in the device status:

Windows cannot start this hardware because its configuration (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged (Code 19)

DAYUUMN!!!!

You just need to reinstall the drivers. If you need help with that, let me kno the mobo brand or card's brand.

thanks im having no luck with this though, please do help. This is my device manager:

devicemanger.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back