Really low mic sound

I've been having issues with getting a descent/loud sound from my microphone. The audio is at 100% and microphone boost is at 20db. Still really low. ss (2014-03-06 at 08.33.03).png Not sure if it has anything to do with my soundcard. The sound works fine if I have the mic in my mouth, except I don't want to have it in my mouth whenever I need to speak. (skype etc) Any solutions?

Has this mic worked better in the past or has it always sounded low? I assume you want to use your motherboard's built-in Realtek audio chip for the mic, so make sure that Realtek is the default device for playback and recording in Control Panel/Sound, and check all settings there and in Realtek control panel. Also get the latest driver for your Realtek ALC xxx. The driver may have been replaced by a generic Windows driver - check for driver author and version in Device Manager.

1. The mic itself is working fine, it has always been an issue to get a good mic sound.
2. I don't care what audio chip I use, if it enables me to talk without having my mic in my mouth.
3. Realtek has been the default device since I started the computer years ago.
4. I already mentioned that the mic is at 100% sound and 20db boost.
5. I have the latest drivers.

1. The mic itself is working fine, it has always been an issue to get a good mic sound.
2. I don't care what audio chip I use, if it enables me to talk without having my mic in my mouth.
3. Realtek has been the default device since I started the computer years ago.
4. I already mentioned that the mic is at 100% sound and 20db boost.
5. I have the latest drivers.
In that case, the problem would seem to be the quality of the mic itself, a very common problem. You need a more sensitive mic, and one that has noise cancellation probably. Here's an article on Skype mics - http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-20083651-93/best-usb-microphones-for-high-quality-skype-audio/

So what you are saying is that I should spend 200 bucks on a mic that might not even be helpfull? I know there are better mic/headsets out there, the one in the article showed mics for "professional recording" but I don't have the luxury to get a mic of that price. I know a couple of friends with the exact same headphones who can speak in games/skype/vent/when recording etc...with good/great mic volume. They don't even have the volume set to 100% or the boost to 20db or even 10 db.

Try borrowing one of your friend's headphones then. Maybe there is something wrong with yours. At least it will help narrow it down.

Back