Realtek AC'97 audio controller, can't start (code 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello,

I've searched this forum, and others, and haven't found a solution for this problem.

I have no sound for anything. I have a Realtek AC'97 audio, running Windows Service Pack 3. My motherboard is an intel corporation one. My laptop is a sony vaio pcg-z1wamp.

In the Device Manager it shows the following: "Device cannot start (code 10)".

I've tried installing several new drivers; I've uninstalled and installed the device; I've tried updates and some of the solutions suggested on this forum. Nothing has worked.
Hardware issue & problem persists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I ran everest, see below
Motherboard:
CPU Type Mobile Intel Pentium M, 1687 MHz (17 x 99)
Motherboard Name Sony Corporation PCG-Z1WAMP(UC)
Motherboard Chipset Intel Odem i855PM
System Memory 1024 MB (PC2700 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type Phoenix (11/21/03)

Display:
Video Adapter MOBILITY RADEON (16 MB)
Video Adapter MOBILITY RADEON (16 MB)
3D Accelerator ATI Mobility Radeon (M6)
Monitor Plug and Play Monitor (12001)

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter Intel 82801DBM ICH4-M - AC'97 Audio Controller [B-1]

So you still need a solution? Or you found the solution?

If you still need help
  • Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post

Then
  • click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the reports. (If you don't see icon you may need to first cick Go Advanced)

I installed this driver - http://global-download.acer.com/GDFi...e&Step3=Aspire 1520&OS=X01&LC=en&BC=Acer&SC=PA_6 & thought for sure it would work but now

I do have the Vinyl AC'97 Code combo Driver & the device is installed properly but there is still no sound.

I ran msinfo32 as you suggested & it doesn't show any problem devices. I am running dxdiag now & will upload when its finished. I appreciate the help..

I tried uninstalling the vinyl AC' 97 codec but I return to the original "multi media controller" error.

Can you tell me that if Realtek can run on Macbook?
o.gif

Hi ultragrey - if you want to check if realTek will work on the macbook, just go to their website & check if they have drivers for apples.
Short answer is Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back