Realtek Audio problems

Batrico

Since I updated my realtek high definition audio driver through windows update ive been getting the following situation.I do be watching a video on vlc when a message comes up "you just unplugged a device from the audio jack" which I hadn't. At this stage I have no sound coming out my speakers but the sound is still playing according to my pc. I have reinstalled the driver numerous times. At the moment I'm using the windows default high definition audio device which is working for the last hour without stopping.. has anyone got any ideas rather than just reinstall the driver.

"you just unplugged a device from the audio jack" taken at face value suggests a mechanical / hardware fault. Loose connector? remove and re-insert. While operating, giggle wires gently, pull gently - try to find a reproducible error - if speakers on front port, check wire harness to motherboard as well.

My pc was bought in late december so hardware should be ok.Also the windows 10 driver is working fine while the realtek one lasts a while then the sound gets distorted then audio jack umplugged message appears and sound is gone till I reinstall the driver.and reboot
this is only a temporary fix.

I am a bit confused. So you are saying that it works fine with Win10 driver. I don't think you need both. I would think you might have a conflict if you had 2, especially if something like an 'auto update' is reinstalling behind the scenes.

Sorry for the confusion the realtek is installed by windows update.the other driver comes with windows 10.the two are not running together.I dont know the term fot it but the windows hd driver comes with windows 10 while my scard is realtek hd separate options.not both at same time.wben I use my scard driver realtek driver I get the error.

Then the sound card realtek driver is the problem. It is installed by Windows 10 update. Drivers from update may not be specific to your card/motherboard. You should take steps to prevent that (I hide all driver updates offered by Windows). If you have a separate sound card, get the driver from the maker. If it is integrated with your motherboard, get the driver from them.

Update.I thought the problem was gone after the latest reinstall of the realtek driver.I went over a week without the error then tonight first my pc told me updates ready to install but I clicked on notifications and nothing came up then a couple of minutes later the sound died and I got a unplugged jack message.was in the middle of watching a video file so saw the sound dissapear and jack message come up.

Back