Realtek audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamak85

hello i have this machine and the owner says its a sony but there are no model # indications on the box. the mobo says its a P4SD-VX, i have tried the sony site and the realtek site but have not had anyluck. not even the asus site can help me. are the sound and ether drivers for this board out there at all? its been 3 weeks i have been searching.
thanks

Nope, thats not it.. its a black case, probably older than that. I even tried the ones from intel but it just restarts in mid installation.. even the one from realtek them self and asus web.. still no luck.

here is my report

Attachments

• Report.txt
    180.6 KB · Views: 2
the box might not look the same but it has the same motherboard, try the drivers on the Sony page i linked above

thanks for the help dustin however that didnt work. it told me that "this updated is not intended for your computer model"
any other ideas?\
if it helps the only exclamation in device manager is the "multimedia audio controler?" the others seem fine.. but i get no sound. i can only uninstall the media controler but it asks for drivers that i do no have or that work

[/URL] so you shall be able to find what is the make / model of your motherboard.
much better than everest, thanks.. but now what?

I have tried every driver from every manufacture listed that makes drivers for this board. but at least now I have more information then I started with.

Attachments

• report.TXT
    66.1 KB · Views: 2
Go to Asus's site, and Search for P4SDR-VM board drivers; I think this board has same Realtek Audio which your board does. I hope this will solve your issue. If you need further assistance please let us know. Good Luck

Go to Asus's site, and Search for P4SDR-VM board drivers; I think this board has same Realtek Audio which your board does. I hope this will solve your issue. If you need further assistance please let us know. Good Luck

i went to device manager and tried to update the driver, still said i was missng this file ALCXWDM

ok new sympton, i tried the driver you told me about then it asked me for that above file.. i found the file from other drivers i downloaded and it seem to go through then right when it finished i the machine restarted...???!!! im guessing it may be a HDD issue youe think? i mean if its not i dont want to change hdd. but if htere are anyother dirver trouble shooting ideas im all ears

Well problem lies in the fact that this motherboard was only sold as "OEM" product to Sony. So unless you find the product details i.e. Model Number; it would be difficult to find the right drivers. However, I've found another link; I am not sure it will work though.

If you are able to locate exact model number this link should help you.

Edit:
Uninstall the drivers you installed, as they are most likely culprit of instability which caused the reboot.

Well problem lies in the fact that this motherboard was only sold as "OEM" product to Sony. So unless you find the product details i.e. Model Number; it would be difficult to find the right drivers. However, I've found another link; I am not sure it will work though.

If you are able to locate exact model number this link should help you.

Edit:
Uninstall the drivers you installed, as they are most likely culprit of instability which caused the reboot.
ok, im going to use that link. i will try to up date the chipset first, seeing that i dont think i did that initially; however I digress, do you think that this problem is viral related, i mean i did a fresh install and the it is xp sp3. im thinking to wipe exchange the drive and start from anew on a fresh drive, this one seems to be old. i have heard issues with these kinds of problems related to too much formating and so on. a ghost in the machine if you wish. in any event im going to try out the link..

thanks for you help in advance.

Absolutely not at all; missing device drivers has nothing to do with viruses; e.g. I have not bothered to install some HP power management thing on notebook I'm using right now, instead using the windows default generic drivers. :D

However, if you wish to do a complete reinstall; please ensure that you have every device driver available for your system e.g. sound, vga, chipset, SATA (for XP) etc. to name few. Please let me know if you need further help. Regards

Absolutely not at all; missing device drivers has nothing to do with viruses; e.g. I have not bothered to install some HP power management thing on notebook I'm using right now, instead using the windows default generic drivers. :D

However, if you wish to do a complete reinstall; please ensure that you have every device driver available for your system e.g. sound, vga, chipset, SATA (for XP) etc. to name few. Please let me know if you need further help. Regards
still havent had a chance to try out the link.. but i do have the graphics drivers, its non onboard. plus the wireless device.. ill make sure i have everything. thanks for the help

yea... no dice on the links.. i went through as many models i could find.. im going to try anoher approach

Try this model Number Sony Vaio PCV-RSM31 I found this model number being referred to while discussions about P4SD-VX motherboard on a german forum in german language :/

Also Check:

i. Sony Vaio RZ34G

Its a long shot but ......... I guess its worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back