Reboots as a result of heavyload using (3D-Games)

Hi there,

first of please excuse my bad english (grammatics).

The Problem is i have Reboots when i load or play 3D-Games or watch some HD clips on Youtube.

I disabled "Automatic Restart" but there comes no Bluscreen at all.
from Everest

Temperature

Motherboard 27 °C (81 °F)
GPU 32 °C (90 °F)
Seagate ST3500418AS 32 °C (90 °F)

Voltage Values:

CPU Core 2.27 V
Aux 3.58 V
+3.3 V 2.80 V <---- This Value is Marked RED in BIOS (AMI)
+5 V 4.70 V
+12 V 8.51 V
-12 V -10.57 V
-5 V -2.99 V

My Hardware:

Xilence Power 480W
Intel Pentium Dual Core, 2x 3000 MHz
NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (1024 MB)
ST3500418AS
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS40
Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

NO USB what ever connected

Maybe you can help me, that would be superb.

Thanks in Advance, for your time and effort

If you got any questions, please ask!!

Check the temperatures of the CPU and GPU under heavy load to see if that's what's causing the issue. It certainly could be a PSU problem but the heat is easier to investigate.

+12 V 8.51 V

Check this value in the BIOS to confirm it. If the 12V rail is only putting out 8.51V, you will need a new PSU.

Those PSU values do seem to be very wacky. You may want to check with another tool or see if there's a BIOS update fixes that issue, maybe the readings are wrong.

System monitoring software as well as system sensors can be unreliable so ordinarily you would want to confirm the readings in one way or another. However, since you are having actual symptoms of a problem, it would indicate you may really have a voltage problem.

I recommend that you substitute a known good power supply for testing purposes. Do you have access to one?

Thanks for your Time and effort!!

Under heavy load the Temperatures are the same in BIOS and Everest.

Voltage Values after reboot in BIOS:

Vcore 1.192V
3.3 V 2.768V RED
5V 4.787V
12V 11.721V
---

I dont know any other good tool to check temps and voltage, please name me one or two.
And i dont have acccess to another Powersupply but when you say it could be the problem (the supply is abt 3-4 years old), i ill buy one for sure.

Back