Receiving send error report when I open anything from desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sexy-Beast-Joel

I get send error report/Don't send when ever I open anything from desktop. have done a chkdsk, registry clean, dsk cleanup. I dunno what else that might stop this error.

I thought of formating but my tafe teacher said to our class any man can format it takes a bigger man to find a solution

Wise words, wise words indeed!
Until flash drives take over the world, then it's format every day :)

Anyway, please try Start-->Run
sfc /scannow

You may need your Windows CD (just in case it asks)
The process can take about an hour (but all's still good at the end)
And you should disconnect your Network cable first, and exit any personal firewall.

Please try that

sfc<space><ForwardSlash>ScanNow (um lots of users get it wrong, so I threw that in)

Just ran that it asked me for Windows SP2 disc put it in (I unplugged the network cable and exit personal firewall) and still happends :(. any more ideas I'm happy to try any.

Doh! just read that (oh well windows has all the right files at least. Hangon, have to re-read, I'll get back to you in a tick.

Here's one (on a quick Google)

Open Control Panel
Click on Performance and Maintenance.
Click on System.
Then click on the Advanced tab
Click on the error reporting button on the bottom of the windows.
Select Disable error reporting.
Click OK
Click OK

But this will disable "Send error report" Not sure if that's reasonable or not?

I downloaded am update (have 2 NTFS drivers) and disabled error reporting

what i forgot to mention in my first post when it came up I lost my taskbar and items on desktop briefly. and If it was first time since start up I'd loose icon in running tasks. It happends everytime I click something off desktop and sometimes just browsing files

it freeze but still allows me to move the mouse otherwise the desktop icons disappear and the taskbar just doesn't bring up send error report

I

gotta head off to work now but I will try them one I get home Thank You in advance I will post up when I have done these if you wanna check back

Running Memtest

I am currently running memtest it has been running for 43 hours is that normal and if so how long should it be running for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back