Recovered video files from my sdhc card but they wont play

Hi I recently went on a trip and took my camera to film around the rockies. When I got home I plugged my card into my card reader and started to transfer the files onto my computer. It stopped transferring half way and closed. When I tried to go back into it it says drive is unreadable and corrupt. I tried to recover the files using data recovery programs. It has gotten back all the files however the videos wont play in vlc or windows media player. I do not know what to do I tried recovering them a few times and keep getting the same result.
When I plug the card into the camera however I am able ti see all the files and play them on the camera so I do not know what the problem is. Could anyone help me.

Daniel

Strange. if the files won't play in vlc then that truly is weird. it sounds like the files you recovered are corrupt as well possibly. what file format are the files you're trying to play? also try going into "my computer" right clicking your sdhc card (if its still showing up) select properties and go to the tools tab and see if you can run a disk check on it and fix it that way

Also if you can run the disk check select both available checkboxes. it will take longer by selecting the attempt to recover bad boot sectors box but it may help

Back