Recycling Computer Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

mretzloff

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place. I tried using the search option but came up with only topics related to the recycle bin in Windows.

Where can I recycle computer parts? I just upgraded my RAM in an old computer and have a 512 ram stick that I do not need.

I know Best Buy takes old cell phones, batteries, and ink cartridges. Does any store take old RAM?

We have a Hot Deals forum, but I'm afraid that this does not qualify for it (usually it's large enterprises like Dell selling some computer really cheap or something)

Anyway, TechSpot cannot help with your used (or even if new) item
You are best to try selling it on one of the buyers sites like eBay

Generally TechSpot's forums are about technical support
You can read more about TechSpot here: https://www.techspot.com/about.shtml

STRUT (Students Recycling Used Technology) is a great place to take your old computer parts to. They are usually located in high schools. Students learn how to assemble computers and the reassembled computers are donated to organizations and people who need them.

Additional: It's true that TechSpot is not a site where you would normally find answers for your used parts (unless perhaps you want to recycle them into another system and you want to know if they are compatible with other parts). I just happened to have taken my old parts to a STRUT and I saw your post.

Depending on where you live some city or county agencies have set up electronic or E-waste disposal sites. Granted, it might not be worth it to bring in just one RAM stick but if you can accumulate other E-waste like old answering machines, radios, TVs, monitors, burnt out graphics cards, or anything electronic, then it might be worth it.

This is a recording :p

Mind you I said one of the buyers sites like eBay

But thanks for your input Tedster, at least the thread's not 4 days old hey ;) (you're on the improve :grinthumb )

you're lucky I even look at the threads as busy as I am ! ;)

yep - but reselling it is always a good idea and you might make a couple of buck$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back