Regarding notations on AMD RYZEN processors

Navin Talati

I am unclear about meaning and hence understanding about the "notations" given to AMD RYZEN products.

1. What is the difference between normal and "PRO" notations?
e.g. Ryzen 5 PRO 2600 & Ryzen 5 2600

2. What implies the letters indicated like X, XT, G, GE, E, AF, etc. in normal or PRO versions?
e.g. Ryzen 5 2600X, Ryzen 5 PRO 3400GE etc.

Though I am referring many literature on net but getting confused in obtaining the clarity in understanding.

3. What is the notation for AMD RYZEN processor with Graphics? (I.e. a CPU which does not require a discrete Graphic Card).

Regards in anticipation.
Navin Talati

1. What is the difference between normal and "PRO" notations?
e.g. Ryzen 5 PRO 2600 & Ryzen 5 2600

The Pro models offer a little more security features - not required for general users.

2. What implies the letters indicated like X, XT, G, GE, E, AF, etc. in normal or PRO versions?
e.g. Ryzen 5 2600X, Ryzen 5 PRO 3400GE etc.

3. What is the notation for AMD RYZEN processor with Graphics? (I.e. a CPU which does not require a discrete Graphic Card).
For 'Ryzen with Graphics', you want G or GE models - the G stands for graphics. GE use less power, but they're clocked lower to achieve this.

The normal (non-graphics) Ryzen models either have no letter, X or XT attached to them - the differences are usually clock speeds or the level of achievable overclocking, but there's not between them all.

The AF tag was just for a very specific one-off model - the Ryzen 5 1600 AF. Lastly, the letters U and H are used for the mobile/laptop versions of the chips: U is the lower power and clock model, whereas H is the top-end mobile version.

Back