Removing personal information from Google/Bing/Yahoo search results

Mikey_Gore

Hi,

I wanted to know if there is a way to prevent search engines return results that is related to us without removing it at the source.

The reason I say this is because, I'm a very private person and would rather not have things about me online.

My company is basically putting profile for all their employees on their website. There is nothing wrong with this ofcourse, most companies do it. It is just a picture and background information about the person.

I really dislike this sort of thing.

It would be weird for me to ask my employer if I could opt-out of this. It would make me look like not being a teamplayer.

So I'm fine with it being on the company website, but is it possible for me to take any action to prevent it from being returned(when my name is searched) on search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing?

I know there are pages giving information about this such as https://support.google.com/websearch/troubleshooter/3111061?hl=en

However, what I don't know is if they can do this without contacting the company. Because changing it at the source isn't really a solution.

If I ask them(search engines) to not return results for my name, which will come from my company, will it just affect me(I.e. my fullname searched) or everyone else on the same page(on the company website)?

Best regards,

Mike

For Google Account you need to follow these steps;
  1. 1. Go to Google Account and log in. You can also visit Google.com while logged in and click the circle icon in the upper right corner of your browser with your image or initials inside. Then, click Manage your Google Account.
  2. 2. Click Manage your data & personalization, found under Privacy & Personalization.
  3. 3. Under Activity controls, you’ll see checkboxes next to Web & App activity tracking, Location History and YouTube History. Click them to change the settings. Turning them off will stop ad and history tracking.
  4. 4. Under Activity controls, click Manage your activity and then Manage activity.
  5. 5. On the menu that shows in the left sidebar, click Delete activity by. Select how far back you would like to clear your history in the menu that pops up. Click Delete to confirm your changes.

You also need to turn off your discovery from social media account so that you dont appear on search results. All that I've mentioned is for Google, not quite sure about Yahoo, Bing and other search engines.

Back