Repetitive WoW crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamaphoenix

Ok so to start off here, i keep having error #132 whenever i play WoW. I'll jst randomly be playing and itll crash. othertimes ill get on and attack something and it will crash within seconds of logging on. othertimes i may be able to get an hour or two on before it crashes. whenever i run instances or anything it has a higher chance to crash. I emailed blizzard for help and they told me the things like delete the cache, interface, and wtf folders (nicely named btw) as well as make it run with no sound and in opengl mode, and nothing works it keeps crashing. so yesterday i decided to wipe the entire thing off my computer and reinstall it. after the patches were ready this morning, i could play with high settings on everything and i decided id crash test it. so i got 8 or 9 guys on me and i cast seal of command (which always crashed it before) and it was fine, consecration, blessing of might, and i took all 9 down without a problem. so i was happy and thought it fixed the problem. later i got on with a friend to do some questing, and he cast mark of the wild on me and it crashed. we werent in an instance, just running around theramore and it crashed. i have updated drivers on everything, i easily meet the recommended specs for the game and the case runs fairly cool.

the specs are as follows (its old so dont laugh)

Intel G965 Express chipset family
Intel Core 2 CPU 4300 @ 1.8GHz
Intel Core 2 CPU 4300 @ 1.8GHz
200 gig WDC WD2000JD-22HBB0
2 gigs of kingston RAM (which only 1.97 gigs work, how do i uncorrupt them?)
Windows XP with service pack 3

and also i am not using and addons or extras. and the repair mechanic doesn't solve the problem either. i'm absolutly stumped. also what amount of watts should i have a power supply outputting? mine is 305 Watts i think. i think its a power issue bc when it crashes, i cant alt-tab out of it, and i need to press the power button 2 or 3 times before the computer finially initializes boot-up. the first and/or second presses just gives me a partial boot, an then it dies again. Low settings on WoW doesn't make the game run longer before it crashes either.

Are all the internal fans working? None clogged with dust?

Your RAM is under reported because some of it is being taken for your onboard graphics and a small amount for your onboard sound.

wow is so addicting i never remembered to reply till now, i happened to have the "wrong" set of updated drivers. it made me mad that such a thing COULD happen. thanks for the help though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back