Resetting the BIOS on a Toshiba Satellite laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
A while ago, while my BIOS was updating, my laptop shut off. When I tried to power it back on, I get nothing. The harddrive boots, I get the lights and everything, but absolutely nothing shows up on the screen. The light on the screen doesn't turn on or anything. I was thinking that it might be a BIOS related issue since this happened after my laptop shut down during the update. So would resetting the CMOS or anything like that fix this problem? Or will I have to hot flash the BIOS?

Hi
if you screwed the BIOS update (never do it from within windows) then the motherboard is screwed and there is nothing you can do to retrieve it (short off soldering a new BIOS chip on that is)

I second Ididmyc600... Too late to tell you that you should never upgrade the BIOS unless you REALLY need that upgrade to make something work properly.
Only with a few desktop models can you overwrite a defective BIOS install.
In every instance with which out clients have had a failed install of the BIOS, the system board was ruined... simply because there is no way to access the board to install it properly once th damage is done..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back