Resident Evil 2 Benchmarked: Graphics Performance Tested

Personally, I haven't noticed any issues with DX12 (1080Ti owner), but I typically don't stare at FPS numbers unless there's a noticeable performance problem.

It is funny however that after years of people on this (and other) sites complaining that devs should be given more low level control of the graphical pipeline, that the APIs that do so result in utter messes performance wise. Turns out, trying to micromanage performance across thousands of differing configurations is much harder then when you have to do so against just one or two.

Hmm I got the code for it with my Vega 64, not sure if I should play it or just sell it. 4K + Freesynch should the trick for me :)

I would suggest three category for benchmarks , First for a balanced games which they are optimized for both Amd/Nvidia cards, second/third for games that prefer Amd/Nvidia
RE >> Amd
GTA >> Nvidia

I would suggest three category for benchmarks , First for a balanced games which they are optimized for both Amd/Nvidia cards, second/third for games that prefer Amd/Nvidia
RE >> Amd
GTA >> Nvidia

"Optimized for AMD" = optimized for both
"Optimized for Nvidia" = Nerfed on AMD

This games manged 1440p with max setting using a GTX 1070 so nvidia is doing just fine here.
Sure, it does even better on AMD, but that is probably because it is a console game, so a lot of work was done to optimize for Polaris. This added optimization doesn't carry over to Hawaii, so not exactly "AMD optimized".

Sweet benchmark as always. It would have been interesting to see some benchmarks in dx12 as well. I am curious to know if the 6GB gtx 2060 suffers in any scenario.

Glad this game is being added to the suite.

Thanks for the great review Steve. Can you please list your CPU and RAM specs for this game benchmark? Are you using your usual 8700k and DDR4-3200, or did you go with the 9900k? Any further info on your test bench would awesome.

Thanks for the great review Steve. Can you please list your CPU and RAM specs for this game benchmark? Are you using your usual 8700k and DDR4-3200, or did you go with the 9900k? Any further info on your test bench would awesome.

(From the BFV benchmark)
"updated GPU test rig sporting a Core i9-9900K clocked at 5 GHz with 16GB of DDR4-3400 memory"

In any case, this game is far from CPU bound.

I'm actually pretty impressed with the game and how well it ran on my systems. At home, I play it on my 2K monitor with a GTX 1070 (Vanilla). When I'm on the go, it's very playable and fun on my laptop at 1080 resolution and a GTX 1050 Ti.

Also, from my own experiences, DX12 works perfectly fine with my setup. I have not seen any issue at all in all three playthroughs of the game for me (one more playthrough and I'm done!). Of course, your experiences will likely vary.

RE >> Amd
GTA >> Nvidia

Sure, it does even better on AMD, but that is probably because it is a console game, so a lot of work was done to optimize for Polaris.

This game was originally out in 1998 though.

If someone can explain how the 1080Ti with 11GB of VRAM is comprable to the 8GB 2080 at 4K. Both cards have entirely different architectures but the VRAM alone would have the 1080Ti easily beat the 2080 right?

https://static.techspot.com/articles-info/1784/bench/4K.png

Does anyone know of any driver comparisons, let's say when the 108Ti was around 4 months old, has anyone tested a really old driver to a new one. I can't stop shaking the feeling of thinking that Nvidia is artificically slowing down the 1080Ti so the 2080 can beat it with less VRAM

Evolve!
Do not slow down progress
you tie the programmers hands :/ We cant evolve because lot of people use out dated/end of life pc
Well for one a 7970 is more powerful than a PS4's GPU. So how is that comparable to what you've said? By your logic consoles are rubbish?

New console are comings :))) Dont Stop Please The Evolve
144Hz 4k the future

Relax: its good to have optimization.
The consoles never have gotten beyond 60 FPS and you think that's evolving.
When no current video card can run the game in 4k thats a problem with optimizing not evolving hardware.

Back