Restart at loading user settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I start windows (XP Pro 32), about 20% of the time, my computer will suddenly and with no warning restart from boot. Sometimes, it does this a few times in a row.

My system event log usually claims error 1000008e or 0000005c.

The thing is that other than that, the system is rock solid. I have never had a BSOD, or any other problems. If I pass the windows logon, then I know I will never have problems. I can also use hibernate to bypass the problem.

I have checked everything I could, latest drivers, bios, ran mem-test and chkdsk, but nothing. I don't think it is entirely hardware related. as I said, I have never seen a BSOD, even during intense use. I have had this problem since day 1.

I attached my last 3 minidumps, if anybody can help me? Maybe point me to the troublesome piece of hardware/driver.
Thank you.

Brand and model, age, and configuration, please.

And post your three file sets as text files instead of dmp.

Thanks.

Brand and model, age, and configuration, please.

And post your three file sets as text files instead of dmp.

Thanks.

Right, sorry about that, I wasn't sure what you did and or did not need.

Anyways, the PC I built myself about 9 months ago:

Motherboard: GA-MA790GP-UD4H (AMD 790GX + SB750 Chipset)
Processor: AMD Phenom 9950 (TDP125W)
Graphics Card: Gainward HD4870
Memory: 2x2Gb (OCZ Reaper)
HDD: 2x1Gb spinpoint F1 (no raid or anything)
PSU: ThermalTake ToughPower 750
EDIT:
Antivirirus: AVG Free 8.5
The rest of the software is mostly games, nothing intrusive

I overclock my system whenever I play (and turn it off afterwards), but I know that the computer is stable (once I'm past the login). My problem appears regardless of overclock.

I attached the dumps as txt. (EDIT, I couldn't re-attach them, as they conflicted with the previous .dmp files, so they are all in the zip file, as .txt files)

Thank you for your time, and your help.

I know nobody owes me anything, but could somebody please try to investigate? I just want to know if the dumps could give me a clue to what is wrong.

Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back