Restarting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

acacia666avenue

Since the last week , my computer has randomly sort of restarted. Screen goes black and monitor light flashes, and the computer makes the sound of it starting back up, but im left only to shut it down or restart by pressing the button. Any suggestions?

Why do you shut it down? Or is that not your goal. You must ask yourself if you have made any changes to your software or hardware. If not, than some component is probably starting to fail in your machine. Is any of your hardware old and in need of replacement? You can go to 'control panel'... then click on 'administrative tools' directly after this happens. Make a note of the time your PC clock says, (when a failure occurs). Then when you open up "admin tools' you can bring up different 'events' and click on 'properties' on the event that was the failing event. Read all of what it has to say and go to Microsoft .com+ support and research the event code numbers that appear on your 'properties' inquiry.

acacia666avenue said:
Since the last week , my computer has randomly sort of restarted. Screen goes black and monitor light flashes, and the computer makes the sound of it starting back up, but im left only to shut it down or restart by pressing the button. Any suggestions?

If you have recently installed a new hardware or software, you need to unsinstall the software or update the drivers. Or else you need to uncherck your automatically restart in your system recovery

The only thing i added was a 9600 gt ssc video card. That was two days ago. Should i COmpletely uninstall all nvidia programs for the graphics card and then get new ones from online? And the computer never shut down, the screen went black randomly and the case was loud like when it turns on. And i couldnt get out of the black screen so.

YES! You should always uninstall old drivers for graphics cards when replacing them. There may be a piece of the old drivers that won't work or respond to commands of the new card.

Well it could be the HDD being turned off so check that in your Power Options if yu hae Vista. Also disable Hibernation and update your video driver just in case.
Could be overheating but not likely but still check your Temperature in BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back