Right click on Sony laptop does not function

gulabg

I have a Sony laptop VGN-SZ750N from 2 years ago.
Last week I noticed that I could not right click on the display or on any icon and get any
options or properties.

Please let me know if there is a solution? Can I some how get underneath the touchpad
and find out what the problem is? Will I need any parts? Can I get the parts?

Many thanks for the help.

Best regards,
Gulab Gidwani

How would I connect an external mouse? Would it be through a USB port?
If that works then what? If I unscrew the back part of it, will all the parts fall out?
Is there an assembly an disassembly manual anywhere?

Many thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Gulab Gidwani

The mouse can be a wireless USB or even a PS2 type if your laptop has a round mouse connector. "If I unscrew the back part of it, will all the parts fall out?" Since you asked this question, you better not try taking it apart

Yesterday I tried a USB mouse and it worked fine, so obviously it is a hardware problem.
It may require some cleaning or may be some new part.

I have opened up many computers before this, but not a laptop.

Do you think that I should give it a try or take it to some repair shop?

Best regards,
Gulab Gidwani

You might have to replace the whole top cover that includes the touchpad assembly. The screws are tiny and the plastics are delicate and easily broken. The ribbon cables are delicate too, and their retaining clips break easily. You may be able to find the parts you need on EBay. Be sure to use PayPal when you buy anything on-line

I will take it to a service place around here and find out what the estimate is.

If it is less than $200, I will pay otherwise, I will attempt to do it myself. If I destroy it,
so what? I have all the backup discs.

Best regards,
Gulab Gidwani

I understand from a technician that is a very common problem. He suggested
that I should remove the back cover and blow the dust out and then try it.

Is there is any procedure to remove the back cover? I am willing to give it a try.

Best regards,
Gulab Gidwani

There are no removable back covers on most laptops. Locate the air intake/out flow ports and use a vacuum cleaner to get as much dust out as you can, if any

Check with Sony India

I read all your concerns and I feel you'll need some on-ground help with this problem. Check with Sony India guys. You can speak to them at 1800-103-7799 or visit them in their service centre.

Back