Root user Change

icon11.gif
Root User Change
Hello. I have windows 8 with the upgrade (8.1). I bought this computer from someone who reinstalled the operating system so he could sell it. The root user name is "John Doe". I adjusted settings and tried to rename with my name however the ROOT user is still John Doe. I've heard I can create a new account and "move" all my files to my new account, thus essentially renaming the computer. I've heard all that changes is the "pointer". I'm fairly tech savvy so this is a bit embarassing, but this is something I have no experience with. Could someone please tell me exactly which files I need to move so I can delete the "John Doe" user? I'm a bit nervous about messing things up. Please give a brief walk-through if you would.

Thanks!
smile.gif.pagespeed.ce.xM_f3u022S.gif

Follow this:

To reset your PC
  1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)

2. Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.

3. Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.

4. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Note
    • You'll be asked to choose whether you want to erase data quickly or thoroughly. If you choose to erase data quickly, some data might be recoverable using special software. If you choose to erase data thoroughly, this will take longer but it makes recovering data less likely.

From: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

Back