Router problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genome852

Everytime I leave a download on overnight or over a series of days, and after the download is finished, my internet is DREADFULLY slow.

I cannot even connect to pages like google, I get a "connection timed out" message from firefox.

Connecting to 192.168.1.1, my router's page, also gives me a timed out message.

Whe I ping 192.168.1.1, I get "connection timed out" the whole way through, and usually has over 75% packet loss...

However when I manually restart the router and modem, everything is fine again. I can connect to the router page etc. But everytime I reset the router and modem, I have to re-enter all the router preferences which is annoying.

I know that when I reset my router, I get a new IP... but does anyone know why the slowdown occurs in the first place?

Genome852 said:
However when I manually restart the router and modem, everything is fine again. I can connect to the router page etc. But everytime I reset the router and modem, I have to re-enter all the router preferences which is annoying.

I know that when I reset my router, I get a new IP... but does anyone know why the slowdown occurs in the first place?
all of this is due to the next comment

I cannot even connect to pages like google, I get a "connection timed out" message from firefox.

Connecting to 192.168.1.1, my router's page, also gives me a timed out message.

Whe I ping 192.168.1.1, I get "connection timed out" the whole way through, and usually has over 75% packet loss...
ouch! when you can't even ping your own router, there's two possibilities:
  1. your NIC card
  2. the router itself
First choice solution is to update the NIC driver and the router firmware.

After that, you should always be able to ping the router. if not, get a command
prompt and enter
ipconfig /all
copy the data and post as feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back