Rumors point to in-development GTA 6 featuring multiple cities

midian182

Staff member
Rumor mill: Thanks to its incredibly popular online element, GTA V continues to make bucketloads of money for Rockstar Games, but that doesn’t mean a long-anticipated sequel isn’t in the works. Now, we’re seeing what could be new evidence that GTA VI is being developed, along with rumors that the game could feature multiple cities.

We heard way back in 2016 that GTA VI was in the very early stages of development, and a new piece of information suggests work is moving along. It comes from a former Rockstar India employee who, according to his Artstation CV, was a junior vehicle artist at Rockstar Games. He writes that his job involved creating “concept vehicles matching with real world for GTA V DLC and upcoming GTA VI.”

That GTA V DLC will no doubt be a reference to the many expansions and add-ons released for GTA Online. Importantly, the individual’s name also appears in the credits of Red Dead Redemption 2.

The post was discovered by GTAForums member ApolloThunder, and it lead to more internet sleuths digging for extra information. One Resetera user discovered a post on Glassdoor—the site where current and ex-workers can anonymously leave comments about companies and their management. It contained a list where each first letter spelled out 'GTA 6 LSVCLC,' which is thought to stand for Los Santos, Vice City, and Liberty City.

The Glassdoor post aligns with a now-removed Pastebin leak that claims GTA VI will take place over several cities. It also states that the game will only be available on the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett machines due to the memory restrictions of current-gen consoles, and that “there will also be some kind of timed era between the missions with flashbacks. Certain shops will sell different types of items in different eras. RDR2 type stranger dialogues will be implemented.”

All this should be taken with a generous dose of salt, of course, though a Redditor writes that the Pastebin post was from a guest account with an unlimited time stamp, meaning only the site’s staff could have taken it down, not the creator.

In March last year, a rumor surfaced claiming that GTA VI would arrive in 2022 and may feature Vice City and a 1980s setting.

Permalink to story.

Already been nearly 6 years since GTA5, and it looks like new consoles will be with us around the end of 2020. 18 months.

So with absolutely no announcement and news about GTA6 at this stage, it seems safe to say it's a next gen game and it is probably still years away. Don't worry or think about it until at least next gen machines have launched, looooong time away.

Kinda given up on the gta franchise, after gta V getting no singleplayer dlc and becoming the beast of online microtransaction it is now there's no hype from me.

rockstar makes gorgeous games I give them that but why do all that work to waste those worlds, if I was them I'd let lower tier devs buy the game worlds and build their own games in them after awhile

Kinda given up on the gta franchise, after gta V getting no singleplayer dlc and becoming the beast of online microtransaction it is now there's no hype from me.

rockstar makes gorgeous games I give them that but why do all that work to waste those worlds, if I was them I'd let lower tier devs buy the game worlds and build their own games in them after awhile

Thank god I'm not the only that thinks like this.

Rockstar creates a giant campaign with countless side challenges to do. Multiplayer with countless things to to & continued free DLC. Yet because they offer shark cards you've given up on them? can't please everyone these days.

Rockstar creates a giant campaign with countless side challenges to do. Multiplayer with countless things to to & continued free DLC. Yet because they offer shark cards you've given up on them? can't please everyone these days.
its way more than shark cards, gta as a whole is just less fun than what it used to be, you'd think with all the millions they make and years to develop a game they would make something better than the old releases.

sure gta5 and rdr2 are graphical masterpieces but once the awe goes away they're boring, san andreas was the pinnacle of singleplayer open world fun, gta4 gave us pretty much 3 campaigns, 5....5 gave us 3 unlikeable characters and multiplayer thats full of rich people who mow down everyone for fun, if gta5 didnt look like how it does it wouldnt have its praise.

its way more than shark cards, gta as a whole is just less fun than what it used to be, you'd think with all the millions they make and years to develop a game they would make something better than the old releases.

sure gta5 and rdr2 are graphical masterpieces but once the awe goes away they're boring, san andreas was the pinnacle of singleplayer open world fun, gta4 gave us pretty much 3 campaigns, 5....5 gave us 3 unlikeable characters and multiplayer thats full of rich people who mow down everyone for fun, if gta5 didnt look like how it does it wouldnt have its praise.
sounds like a personal opinion rather than facts?

The main problem with GTA V now is that in online its a lot harder to just start fresh, most people won't even attempt a heist with you if you're a low level and they failed to make it so that you alone could accomplish a lot. I get that the point of online is to play with others, but I was mostly there for the heists, which I am a huge fan of and I was hoping that they would make them single player. I know that Payday 2 exists, but there is a huge gameplay difference and payday 2 lacks the humor that gta brings. Plus, you can't drive cars, shoot down jets, and pilot experimental aircraft in payday 2, which is what I look forward to in gta, but I was super disappointed in the community for not allowing me to do, I'm talking to all of you people who quit the heist after one fail, even when you were the one that died. I always come into the heist with a crappy network and lower quality weapons, but I can actually understand game mechanics and can shoot straight...or not, like when you actually need to aim at something else...too many people shooting police car doors and not under them at the cop's ankles. Rockstar should've put the online vehicles into single player, I have made nearly a billion in single player by investing the big one money into the assassination aftermath stocks and can afford anything, but with the lack of interesting things to buy, there's nothing I can do. My only solution is to play in the creator mode, but that only takes you so far.

Back