Rundll32 wont run, and i cant access some of control panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys(and gals),
This is my first post here, and i have a question. My computer is pretty screwed up with ad ware, not so much the malware though. I have ran EMCO Malware Destroyer, and it shows that i have no found malware.
But to get to the point, the process, rundll32.exe-Windows, will not run any longer. I have tried to manually start it with the New Task(run...) feature in File, but to no avail.
Here's where i think it all went wrong. When i boot my computer up, or log back on,a whole bunch of adware processes start up. So i would end the processes altogether. I kept the important ones, but i would end the ones like "mironfu188" or something and all the like. but i had a lot of Rundll32.exe processes, and i figured i would end those too. Apparently that was a BAD decision...
I lokked at another thread on this site, that said to re-download the rundll32 process and save back to the windows file, System32. I tried that and renamed it(just like the post said to) Rundll32.bak
So when i went back to Task Manager, to start the new task, it still wouldnt run.
so i have ran out of ideas, and decided to ask you guys.

Thanks,
Tyler

P.S.-I never recieve the rundll32 errors like i've
been reading about.

I Fixed The Problem!

Wow, im SO relieved...
Well, i did the simplest thing to fix it also....
All i had to do was to restore my computer to an earlier date.
I thought i had already tried that, but i said what the heck, and
just did it anyways.
Well, when i logged back in, Rundll32.exe was back in my process list!
So i was just letting anyone know, that my problem was self-resolved, and no need to reply now. Thanks!

Tyler

quick fix didnt hold :(

Well, i've found out that restoring my computer to an earlier date works for about ten minutes. After that, its gone. Apparently there is a couple of rundll32 processes running, but aome of my games wont work, and i still cant get to the "Add/Remove Programs" part of my control panel. But i think its from limewire, cause this crap happened after i downloaded it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back