Samsung Ativ Q: a laptop-tablet hybrid running Windows 8 and Android

David Tom

There’s no mistaking it now; the global shift from desktop PCs to mobile devices is in full swing. In an attempt to bring out the best of both worlds, Samsung unveiled the Ativ Q on Thursday, a true laptop-tablet hybrid....

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/52980-samsung-ativ-q-a-laptop-tablet-hybrid-running-windows-8-and-android.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

MilwaukeeMike

That's stupid. If I have Android, why would I need Windows 8?

MS Office mostly. however, any business user may have specific software they use for work that would run on Windows but not Android. This thing is a tablet and a laptop with the best of both... it sounds like it's what the Surface pro aspires to be.

Skidmarksdeluxe

MS Office mostly. however, any business user may have specific software they use for work that would run on Windows but not Android. This thing is a tablet and a laptop with the best of both... it sounds like it's what the Surface pro aspires to be.

True. I was just being facetious.

G

I don't see the need for Android frankly except maybe for navigation if this thing has a GPS built-in and maybe touch-friendlier apps. Two OS's mean twice the headache when it comes to upgrades, infections and problems in general.