Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Review: The original phablet is back and better than ever

Scorpus

Staff member

samsung galaxy note review android samsung smartphone phablet galaxy note 4

Samsung was on to something when they launched the original Galaxy Note back in 2011. The large-screened smartphone seemed awkward at the time with its 5.3-inch display, but quickly became Samsung’s second most popular line. The success in the phablet market spurred competitors like Sony, Nokia, and even Apple to release their own large handsets.

It’s no surprise that in 2014, Samsung is releasing their fourth-generation Galaxy Note. Like the Galaxy S5 that launched earlier this year, the Galaxy Note 4 is an incremental update on what came before it. It’s a similar size to and, on initial inspection, looks quite like the Galaxy Note 3, though the changes bat a little deeper than what might be apparent to begin with.

Read the complete review.

Last edited by a moderator:
As fantastic as this Note 4 is, the only thing I find disappointing is that air view is no longer supported when you using your finger.

Agreed. Other phablets are just big screen phones, while the Galaxy Note is a true productivity tool. It wins hands down.

SO... The one unit that you got did not have a gap, therefore, gaps do not exist. Makes sense. This IS the internet after all.....

SO... The one unit that you got did not have a gap, therefore, gaps do not exist. Makes sense. This IS the internet after all.....

The gap doesn't matter. It does not affect the operation of the device in any way.

Not sure how you HTC One (M7/8) camera can be compared with N4, let alone iPhone6/P or Lumia 1520+930 (the later three probably the best all round cameras on smartphone). 'Clunkyness' of TW is pretty much a given since first incarnation of it. Overall, good review, and you do have that 'nerdy' look in the pic!!

Last edited:
Nice review Scorpus and nice hairstyle BTW, I used to have one just like that back in the 70's when I got out of bed, now I don't have any hair left let alone a hairstyle. ;)

Did you ever get around to performing battery life tests for the Snapdragon variant? It would be nice to see how it performs relative to the Exynos variant in like for like tests!

The Note 4's 2560 x 1440 Quad HD display is just awesome and the 5.7 inch screen with a 3 GB RAM is more than sufficient for minimal users like me. And with a removable battery the phone should last me the next couple of years. Don't think I will be upgrading to the Note 5 anytime soon.

Back