Samsung launches quad-core Galaxy Note 10.1, available this month

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Samsung has released the Galaxy Note 10.1 after first showcasing the device at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona in February. Not to be confused with the smartphone that shares a similar name, the Note 10.1 is 100 percent tablet although the Korean giant is quick to point out that this isn’t a replacement for the Galaxy Tab 10.1. Instead, the Note 10.1 will be sold alongside the Tab 10.1, further bolstering Samsung’s tablet offering.

The Note 10.1 ships with a 1.4GHz quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM and storage options of 16GB, 32GB or 64GB. There’s also a microSD slot that accepts cards with a maximum capacity of 64GB. The tablet will come with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich pre-installed from the factory. Early models will be available as Wi-Fi only or Wi-Fi + 3G. Samsung notes that a 4G LTE version won’t be available until later this year, perhaps in time for the holiday buying season.

As the name hints at, the Note 10.1 features a 10.1-inch WXGA (1,280 x 800) LCD display with a digitizer to accept input from the included S Pen. This is the same stylus that ships with the Galaxy Note smartphone which facilitates note-taking and other business-oriented tasks.

The Galaxy Note 10.1 will be available this month in Korea, Germany, the US and the UK followed by a gradual rollout to other markets in the near future. Pricing remains unknown at this hour, however.

Permalink to story.

this is a good idea I like been able to use a pen with a tablet. plus since its white Apple wont be able to sue :p

this is a good idea I like been able to use a pen with a tablet. plus since its white Apple wont be able to sue :p

They'll just say they got the white idea from the white iPhone. I bet they start patenting colors next.

Back