Samsung sh-s202n dvd redorder and nero 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am using a samsung (sh-s202n) dvd burner with nero 8 and trying to burn captured movie files to dvd. during the transcoding or burning process i get the message " nerovision.exe has encountered a problem and will shut down". i have contacted nero support and they ran me through a complete uninstall and reinstall but the problem persists.
can anyone help with this?

Nero 8 is a terribly bloated and rather useless problematic program. Remove it. I still use Nero 6 on some builds of XP. What are your complete computer specs? Operating System?

Thanx for your response. The problem is NOT the dvd burner because I have since saved to a file instead of burning to dvd and I received the same error message.
My system is an Asus mb P4S800D-E Deluxe with 2G of memory. I have an ATI Hd 2600 Pro AGP video card and am running XP Pro with SP-3 installed for OS.
The problem does appear to be with Nero 8.

You are using XP so you do need some sort of burning software. I have many CD's of Nero 6 thru 8 and if you can get a copy of Nero 6 and install SmartStart only. I have Vista Home Premium, SP1 Media center is included. Roxio is included, and it works seamlessly in Vista for burning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back