SATA Plug Issue with Gigabyte Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimmers

The other night I started my PC up I got Hard disk failure.

I've tried One of the Two sata drives in another computer and it works.
I've tried the Sata to motherboard plug in another computer that works.

I plugged everything back in my computer and when I booted it didn't work not even Cdrom, I then changed the plugs from motherboard to Harddrive and cdrom around and got one Hard drive coming up.

I'm unsure what to do next it doesn't seem to like me at all, this computer is barley many months old. Please help if you've any idea.

talk to Gigabyte about a RMA. that should cover this. I do not have there e-mail but u can get it on there site if u look.

SATA Plug goes bad.

I have this GIGABYTE MOBO barely 3-4 month old. I opened the box, added a old IDE hard drive as I was running out of space.

Now this board does not detect any of my SATA hard drives not even the DVD ROM Drive. I took the cables/drives to another computer and checked... Every thing is fine on the other computer.

So I tried booting from an IDE ... it works.. how can SATA plugin go bad. I am just an ordinary user and I don't do any overclocking etc...

Raj

Hey RAj try chaning ur SATA cables, and make sure they are secure. I am online now so reply and i can help you.

KINGMEET

SATA Plug goes bad.

Hi..

Thanks for the quick reply. I replaced the cables.. its the same issue. AHCI bios doesn't detect these devices....

Board is GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H Rev 1.1

Raj

Hey you might have to go to the BIos and enable SATA Devices. HMM turn them on. and HAVE The BOOT order right.

The other night I started my PC up I got Hard disk failure.

I've tried One of the Two sata drives in another computer and it works.
I've tried the Sata to motherboard plug in another computer that works.

talk to Gigabyte about a RMA. that should cover this. I do not have there e-mail but u can get it on there site if u look.

I have no idea what KINGMEET is saying. His support may be limited in knowledge

If you do decide to go to your Bios. Best to set defaults, then save and exit

But the RMA is the best answer here
And the data cables were already tested by you !

In computers that has sata devices they can be turned off if some of your devices are ide. In one of my machines i have 2 ide harddrives and 1 sata hard drive. Because i has runnig ide type hard drives i had to go to my bios and turn on sata devices. So i had to turn on "sata device 0" in order for my pc to recongize my hard drive.

Im just giving some suggestions, or solutions that have worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back