Scan Log for malware check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poseidon

I posted in the Windows OS Forum with a problem- not being able to access C:\DOcuments and Settings\Owner.Andrew\Shared.

It was suggested that I run through the scan processes listed in that sticky and post the logs here to make sure my system was clean.

So here they are.

Order is:
HJT
AVG
ComboFix

Anti-Rootkit did not find anything.

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    12.5 KB · Views: 6
Hi,

Your log files do show some signs of infection. Please read the following.

Very Important: Malware infections can possibly lead to identity theft, stolen bank funds, misuse of credit card information etc. Therefore I strongly encourage you to please read this thread HERE before deciding what course of action to take regarding your infection.

Let me know if you wish to format or clean.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of Poseidon only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi,

Sorry for the very late response.

You may wish to copy and paste these instructions on notepad for easier reference later.

Please download and run CCleaner via step 9 of the instructions HERE.

Download the attached "CFScript.txt" (from my attachment) and save it to the same folder as Combofix.

Boot into safe mode under your normal user name. See how HERE
Next turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE

1. Go to start > run and type msconfig. Press the enter key.
    Search for the following services and disable them by unchecking the box beside the entries.

Power2GoExpress

Press OK but do not restart your system yet.

2. After that, run HijackThis and fix the following entries, if found (do this by placing a tick in the check boxes beside these entries and clicking "Fix checked"):

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
    O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {0BF43445-2F28-4351-9252-17FE6E806AA0} - (no file)

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Power2GoExpress] NA
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [Power2GoExpress] NA (User 'SYSTEM')
    O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [Power2GoExpress] NA (User 'Default user')

O4 - Startup: Desktop Alert.lnk = C:\Program Files\Desktop Alert\desktopalert_2637343.exe
    O4 - Startup: Folding@Home 5.03.lnk = ?
    O4 - Global Startup: Winter Fun Wallpaper Changer.lnk = ?
    O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{DEE0CD73-1924-45E1-8A66-70480E01E0B5}: NameServer = 85.255.114.88,85.255.112.72

Close HJT.

3. Referring to the image below, drag the CFScript.txt that you downloaded earlier over on to Combofix.exe and release.

CFScript.gif

This will ask Combofix to execute the instructions within my file. Let Combofix run normally and do its job. Attach the resultant log in your reply.

4. Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Thereafter, please post fresh HJT, ComboFix and AVG Antispyware logs from normal mode as attachments into this thread.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of Poseidon only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi,

Your logs look clean now.

1. Delete all files in AVG Antispyware Quarantine folder. (located in C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\Quarantine)

2. Turn off system restore (XP/ME only). Learn how to do that HERE.
    This will remove all the remaining nasties from your old restore points.

3. After that turn system restore back on.
    This would have created a new safe and clean restore point for your system.

4. Often times, an infection can occur again not due to the incompetence of programs, but because of user habits.
    May I recommend you to read this article.
    This can help to prevent future infections.

Should you have any further problems, please post in this thread.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back