Screen resolution problem - GeForce 6600GT

Hey guys, I had to reformat my computer and after re-installing windows vista, same as I was using before, and getting several nvidia drivers, ranging from the newest (which caused my computer to not recognize the video card) to others.. The problem is that I cannot get my monitor to display 1024x768 resolution properly.. I used this resolution previously because it gives a larger image and clarity, without the tiny eye straining of the 1200 etc.. For some reason none of the drivers I download will properly display the 1024x768 resolution on my lcd monitor. I can select the resolution in my display options and such.. but it is not displayed correctly.

This is for the geforce 6600gt card on vista, 32bit so if anybody knows what drivers I can try to solve the problem please let me know. Also, I tried popping my original driver disk that came with the card but it would not boot, error for some reason :/

lastly if it helps, I have the gigabyte NX66T128D 6600gt model

I appreciate any help.

I would use the native resolution of the monitor, and then increase the font/icon size to one your happy with. I use 1680x1050 and it was small the very first time I used it, after about 10 mins my eyes were comfortably adjusted to it. I've always found my Viewsonic's work much better at their native resultion as well. They image is off, and slurry when viewed at a lower resolution - Its just not as crystal clear for some reason.

The drivers CD should be designed to work from within Windows. It shouldn't be used to physically boot the computer.

Even the latest Nvidia should support what your trying to do. Have you installed the driver for your current monitor as well?

I have a couple of PCs with Nvidia graphics cards (GTX 295 and GTX 260) and I haven't had any problems with 1024x768 resolution. I've had other issues with the last two Nvidia driver versions so I use the third one back. I don't know if this will help but make sure you uninstall the old graphics drivers through Programs and Features before installing new ones.

Back