Screen too dim

After 3 days of not using my pc(due to broken psu) after I replace with a new psu my screen is so dim tried everything from replacing wires,adjusting brightness,replacing hardwares to replacing monitors but the problem still persists I dunno what the problem is can someone help me. thanks in advance

Information needed: Make and Model of computer / motherboard / video card / monitor / etc.
Cannot help if no information is available about what you are using. What Operating System are you using?

Sry for the late reply been busy these days thanks for helping here are the specs AMD A8 - 6600k APU with integrated graphics card amd radeon 8570D/ motherboard a55M-E/4 gb ram/ monitor 23" acer / operating system is windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

Is it visible enough for you to upgrade to the latest BIOS? Is it Dim for everything you try to do with it (entering BIOS setup) or just in Windows 7? I see that ASUS released a BIOS update for your motherboard on 2014/12/19. I would start with that.

I notice that the problem is not the monitor because when the monitor opens the acer logo is at its normal brightness when starts at the bios its too dim and is it possible for a gpu socket to be the only broken thing in my motherboard? because I borrow a dedicated graphics card to my friend and it works wonders returns to normal......sad to say I dont know how to update a bios I know how to use it but a update is a no no if possible can you teach me how thanks in advance

Back