Second monitor display (shifted?)

New user here, my friend suggested I come here to get help with my problem.

I run 2 monitors with my off monitor being to the right of the main monitor. I opened up Team Fortress 2 for the first time and it reset my resolution on my main monitor. This caused the off monitor to shift to the right some. I didn't think much of it because this happens all the time with games that have a different resolution than my monitor.

The problem arose when I closed Team Fortress 2 and the second monitor didn't auto correct to normal. I began messing around in NVIDIA control panel and in windows display settings trying to fix the problem. I tried running the dual monitor wizard, restarting my computer, and many other things but the problem persisted.

The only thing I found that sorta works is when I lower the resolution from 1680x1050, but when I switch back up to 1680x1050 the monitor shifts again.

So basically now I have a main monitor and 2/3s of my off monitor.

I have a GTX275, my main monitor is a LG Flatron W2252TQ and my off monitor is a BenQ FP202W.

I usually run both my monitors at 1680x1050.

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm not too tech savvy so if ya need any other info I'll try my best to provide it.

Swap the monitors positions to the video card. If the suspect monitor is still shifted. You'll know it is a monitor issue, not video card or video driver

Yeah I tried that the other night at my friend's suggestion. I even plugged the monitor into the primary outlet or what not and had it being the only one plugged in and it was still shifted.

Thanks for the suggestion though. Guess I'm off to buy a new monitor cause only having one Monitor really sux :(

Back