Security Toolbar 7.1 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingeds

Hello all. I recently got the Security Toolbar 7.1 virus/trojan and have been trying to remove it for the past 3 days. I found a few threads on these forums and have done everything that has been suggested to remove this virus. So far I have been able to remove the IE toolbar and have stopped the virus from changing my homepage, but my internet and computer on the whole is still slow and I still get a pop up everyone once in a while that says I need to download X malware scanner to fix my problems. I also get a lot of cookies every time I scan with Ad-Aware and SS&D, and I have been scanning 3-4 times daily with each. So, to sum it up, I think that I have removed some of the virus, but not all of it.

I did all the scans from this thread ww .techspot. com/vb/topic58138.html and am now coming here to ask you experts what else I need to do. I have the 3 logs on my desktop ready to post, I just need someone to lead me in the right direction to start. Thank You all.

When you bump so many times it makes us think that you are getting help, therefore it is not our problem that your thread has not been looked at until now.

Do not bump your thread until 24 hours have passed.

Also,

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdcl32.dll -> Adware.Altnet : No action taken. this should be quarantined.

apologies, my room mate was getting impatient on the computer

ill go and quarantine that now, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back